Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2019, 07:01 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Repairs

so 4500 into the trip and repairs up the, well you know ac 3 times broken side view cameras broken leaf springs 1 broken ceiling fan slide motor burned up ect.

all in all about 7k can not wait to get back to az and be stationary in the couch
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like you have had more than your share. Those rear cameras are really there o keep track of what falls off and see whether it is worth stopping for it.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:49 PM   #3

Gotta work the bugs out
Old 10-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataska View Post
Gotta work the bugs out
remember i had never driven or stayed in an rv until the day i picked this one up. i did not even test drive it til after i paid for it
Old 10-10-2019, 10:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
remember i had never driven or stayed in an rv until the day i picked this one up. i did not even test drive it til after i paid for it
Well,
I'm assuming you're more than the required age for obtaining a drivers license in your state which means, you've looked at, and purchased vehicles AFTER you've test driven them, correct? I mean, motorhomes are no different. In fact, you definitely want to test drive any potential, before signing the dotted line.

Anyway, yep, it seems you have had some bad luck. But, remember, you're definitely NOT ALONE in this type of situation. Many, many folks have had issues on first, second and other runs of their newly purchased coach. It's almost the nature of the beast. Some, very few, are really lucky and have no issues for quite some time after purchasing their coaches. Rare, but, it happens. "Broken leaf springs" Wow, that's not common at all. Did they give you a reason for the breakage of those? Overloading, anything?

But, again, you're not alone in this situation so, the smart thing to do is, keep your head up, tackle all issues and write them off as, it's part of RVing and, try to look at the bright side. You're having fun, meeting new people, enjoying new scenery, finding new fun ideas and spots and more.

RV's are comprised of many, many parts, made by many, many people from many companies. The quality of ALL those parts is pretty tough to keep at top-of-the-line. Hopefully, things will simmer down soon and you'll enjoy even more fun, people and places.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
we spent 3 weeks at winnie in iowa when we got there it was for the ac the camreas worked after theyn fixed the ac i was told the side camreas not longer worked and the leafspring was broken due to age i had the camreas replaced and the leafspring was also replaced with one that had extra leafs added 3 days after leaving was when the motor burned up.

i did not drive the unit before buying but an inspector did.

as for my age you are right i am 48
Old 10-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #7

Well you see those bugs should be gone,when the next ones show up kill them also eventually you will get them all.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had some luck with Sageing the entire vehicle. Once in a while it drives out the evil spirits but either way we feel like we are doing something positive.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoona View Post
I have had some luck with Sageing the entire vehicle. Once in a while it drives out the evil spirits but either way we feel like we are doing something positive.
voodoo doctor in the house
Old 10-14-2019, 01:20 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Well I hope you got a deal on it. A good walk thru with some sort of warranty would have been nice. The first used one we bought I took camping that day so we could check out all systems and get them repaired. You have to use them to see exactly what could be lurking in the background.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #11

Quote:
so 4500 into the trip and repairs up the, well you know ac 3 times broken side view cameras broken leaf springs 1 broken ceiling fan slide motor burned up ect.

all in all about 7k can not wait to get back to az and be stationary in the couch
Where on earth are you going, and what roads are you taking? We've put well over 150,000 miles on 2 different Winnebago motorhomes, and have never experienced any of the problems you've encountered.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
so far we done vegas rockies badlands the black hills ny the smoky mountains we are in penscola right now
Old 10-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
In the 5 years we have owned our "used" Marquis after trading our Journey we have averaged $ 7,000 a year for Maint and repairs. Those who believe that its a cheap way to travel are in many cases wrong. It's a lifestyle, we knew it and we chose a complicated coach that has features that when working are fantastic! However when they fail, and they will fail,they are more expensive to repair, especially at $155 a hour. That used half million dollar coach still requires that half million mindset about repairs! At least in our case no house with Taxes and repairs!
See, Think positive .. it could be worse
Old 10-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
In the 5 years we have owned our "used" Marquis after trading our Journey we have averaged $ 7,000 a year for Maint and repairs. Those who believe that its a cheap way to travel are in many cases wrong. It's a lifestyle, we knew it and we chose a complicated coach that has features that when working are fantastic! However when they fail, and they will fail,they are more expensive to repair, especially at $155 a hour. That used half million dollar coach still requires that half million mindset about repairs! At least in our case no house with Taxes and repairs!
See, Think positive .. it could be worse
Here in lies the major difference between the cost of owning a gas motorhome and a diesel motorhome. In over 12 years (110,000 miles) of ownership of our 2001 Winnebago Adventurer we averaged $2,500.00 a year in maintenance and repairs.

Our 2013 Adventurer (48,000 miles) has so far required a little over $1,500.00 per year maintenance and repairs.

Tags
air, repair, repairs