Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #15

We are full-timer and this is our first rv ever.... What an adventure it has been, in positive ways....😊👍👍
I found a SHURFLO 4008-101-E65 on Amazon for $69.. with adjustable bypass... And a new strainer since the existing one's cover has few cracks...
fastwhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2017, 10:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Ok so as you likely already know, the valve on the left is a 3 way valve and the supply for the pump. It is used for freeeprotecting your coach in winter. With the handle pointed up you suck fluid through the clear hose and the flow from the tank is shut off. In the up position the supply from the tank to the pump is closed off.

The valve on the right is a 3 way valve that is the discharge of the pump. In line like shown in the pictures supplies flow to the coach. Turned toward the short line discharges the flow out the hose and on to the ground. With this valve turned toward the fitting that points toward the ground it blocks water from the coach from coming back toward the pump.

If you turn both of the lower valves 90* from their current position you should have the pump blocked in on both suction and discharge and you should be able to replace the pump with very little water draining into the compartment.

The third 3 way valve pictured appears to be a water heater drain valve. It looks like if you turn that valve down it will drain the water heater liquids onto the ground. This may not be a water heater drain, it's kinda hard to tell from the pictures.

What I can't make out from your pictures is where the water heater bypass valve is.

Your system seems fairly simple from the pictures. Turn the lower 2 valves 90* from their current position and this should isolate the pump and you should be able to replace it no problem.
The 3 way valve on the right will turn to left away from fitting/drain only... It doesn't turn to opposite side like you said.... Seems like it blocks the discharge line from pump but opens the flow from opposite side to drain instead.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwhls View Post
The 3 way valve on the right will turn to left away from fitting/drain only... It doesn't turn to opposite side like you said.... Seems like it blocks the discharge line from pump but opens the flow from opposite side to drain instead.
Well I replaced the old pump with a new one. Since the new one was a bit bigger had to relocate it. Bought some cork pads. Sprayed them with Flex seal with reflectix on top to reduce the noise...
Attachment 1Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0153_1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	184567...
I think I need to adjust the pump bypass because it going on and off rapidly unless the faucet is all the way open.
Manual says by someone who is familiar...
Old 12-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #18

Here is a down & dirty adjustment method

The Lazy Daze Companion: Adjusting The Shurflo Revolution 4008 Water Pump
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Thanks a lot I saw the instructions... I read in manual trouble shooting for rapid cycling is because shut off pressure is set too high and by turning them counter clockwise will reduce the pressure.. my question is, Can I make the adjustment while I have a faucet running with low flow which will start the pump and adjust the shut off pressure then ....? Or the pump has to be off in order to do it...??

Tags
ace, replace, valve, water, water pump