Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequeajim View Post
We are shopping for an RV and one thing that my DW points out is that our current MH does not have a "real" oven. We have the typical gas 3 burner stove with a convection/microwave oven over top. She would like a stove/oven combo, oven under.

Have any of you added this type of unit to your coach after you bought it? We are shopping used and it is very hard to find one with the combo stove/oven in it with the other features we are looking for. I found one in the 30 or so Class A units that I have viewed online and the coach had the wrong floorplan and was too small.

Help...
We took out the Stove that was in (suburban). It was dangerous. We put in a Marine stove (Dickenson-Mediterranen). We had one on our boat and I loved it. You can even cook bread in it or a turkey. So far no problems, and much safer. The propane does not come out until it is ignited. The other one set off the alarms a few times. Could of killed us.
Tracky101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

We like a completely self-contained RV that offers maximum flexibilty so as to be ready for any type of camping on trips. Convection ovens require hookup camping or somewhat long generator runs when drycamping, so a convection oven instead of a propane oven is not our cup of tea.

Our propane oven of course is quiet when in use and we do not need to fire up the generator to use it. Our oven controls require the pilot light to be lit before propane will flow, so safety is not an issue. The cooktop fan draws the heat directly up out of an opening in the top of the oven cabinet and blows it outside, so the oven does not heat up the interior up that much. We use the microwave a lot, but generator runs to power it when drycamping are short.

We store pots and pans in the oven when traveling, with rubber separator sheets in between them to eliminate any rattling noise.

Having all three - microwave, convection oven, standard oven - like we have in our house kitchen ... is probably the ultimate RV setup. In any RV with both a microwave oven and a gas oven, the microwave oven most likely could be replaced with a combination microwave/convection oven so as to provide the ultimate setup.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Winnebago uses the Atwood 57321 in the low range and mid range models with propane 3 burner stoves with oven. Many remove them so you might find a used one on Ebay or a RV salvage dealer for less cost. New ones cost about $ 400 retail.

The oven takes about 15 minutes to preheat before using.
The usable space for cooking is small compared to a home oven, and there is only 1 rack to place your items to bake on.

The cutout 17-3/4"D x 16" H x 20-1/4"W.
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

We have had several types of RV's that had ovens in them. We have never used any of them.
And if you should want to bake something, make sure you get one of the clay tiles for the bottom rack.
It takes away the hot spot, by spreading the heat.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerlee View Post
We have had several types of RV's that had ovens in them. We have never used any of them.
And if you should want to bake something, make sure you get one of the clay tiles for the bottom rack.
It takes away the hot spot, by spreading the heat.
I have gone through 3 of them in my oven so far. They keep breaking. So hopefully the one I have in works. This one has been in there for 2 months now. So hopefully this one lasts for a while. The tile does make a difference. I use one in my BBQ also. So I use it as an oven when I don't want to heat up the RV.
Tracky101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequeajim View Post
Good points Don. I think the only reason that my DW wants the oven is for when we go on church camp outs, we can warm up pot luck dishes that we have brought. I'm not sure she would use it for anything else. We either grill or go out too much. 😁
You can get them with DSI.
No bending over trying to light them that way.
Lee
Old 10-20-2017, 08:00 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Our 2012 motorhome oven was the same, you had to stick your head in the oven to light it ... thus it was only started one time - during the walk-through ... we never used it in the 3 years we owned it. Now we have three burners (no oven) and a convection/microwave which I love.
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

The words "real oven" and "RV" really aren't compatible. We had the typical Atwood oven/cook top in one of our first fivers. What a joke. Just plain junk. We used in a couple of times and then "converted" it to pots and pans storage. Over the years we've found that a good convection oven either in conjunction with a microwave or a counter top toaster oven works for us. Guess you could have someone rip everything out and install a small apartment stove/oven in your RV, but it would be very small. If you are a real baker or oven user, I doubt that an oven that fit your space would fit your expectations. You might be better off making sure you have the best microwave/convection oven that fits your space.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

I'm very open to this same concept. Unfortunately, the DW is not. She does not like technology or change. Since she is more important than a motorhome, I'll roll with her desires. ��
pequeajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #30
Winnebago Watcher

Smile

We are old school so having an oven was necessary. Our journey 2006 36G came without one so we took out the burner top and two drawers and replaced it with a new stove with an oven. Super easy. I use it a lot: homemade granola, baking cookies, breads, meats, etc. We are almost fulltime so having this makes our new "home" feel more home like.
TNGoldpanner is offline   Reply With Quote