RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #1

Replacing Sleep Number Bed Parts

Our motorhome has a ďVantage PointĒ sleep number bed in it. It is uneven on the top. I mean, it is unlevel, and very hard for you to lay down comfortably in.
You lie down and it is so unlevel, you tend to slide towards the middle.

It is so unlevel, you can actually see that it is not flat, just by looking at the bed.

If I have to, I will buy a new Sleep Number bed to put in it.

How can you tell what model number you have? Or, is there only one model for motorhomes?

There is a zipper that runs along the upper edge. Can you unzip and purchase a new pillow top separately?

Do you have to go to a Winnebago dealership to do this, or can you go to a sleep number store to purchase a pillow top?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Go to the Sleep Number store. If you walk into the Winnebago dealership with this problem, they will all be standing around scratching their heads.

It sounds like you need a new mattress. Get the dimensions and if a standard King or Queen will fit, get that. You can do your Sleep Number shopping online if you want to.

luvlabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is my understanding Winnebago no longer installs Sleep Number beds in their units. I needed to order a new pump and wireless controls in my Horizon. I Googled Sleep Number and ordered a new pump and controls directly from them.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #4

The pump seems to be working properly. How hard is it to replace just the mattress?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #5

Is it possible to purchase just the mattress from a Sleep number store?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #6

I have a Sleep Number bed in my camper.

You can order over the phone, in person, or online, and they will ship it to you. Mine came in two boxes. Setup is easy, but these beds are expensive. I'm old and cranky though, and had to have one.
happy cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #7

But, can you buy just the mattress?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #8

Replacing Sleep Number Bed Parts

I just called my local sleep number store. They said they could sell me the mattress, but they could only sell me the mattress with the pump. $1799.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxxi View Post
The pump seems to be working properly. How hard is it to replace just the mattress?
We had to take our bed completely apart to get at the pump. You did not state if you have a dual control or single control. There is a zipper at the head of the bed that unzips. You carefully remove all the pieces supporting the mattresses. There should be a package of 2 plastic caps that you can plug the tubes coming from the mattress at the head of the bed. You can than remove the mattress with out losing the air. We placed all the pieces out front on the couch because we did not have enough room in our bed room after we had every thing taken apart.

When I called Sleep Number and told them I have a Winnebago Motor Home they emailed me pictures of instructions on how to reassemble everything. I believe my bed is labeled a short queen bed. This was my second bed I had to dissemble to replace the pump. I did not have any instructions for my first pump replacement and both went well. Take some pictures with your cell phone after you get the zippered top off and you should be fine.

Good luck with your project;

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 06-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If Sleep Number will not sell you just an air chamber I believe Air Bed Pros will. I believe they will be happy to help you.

Air Bed Pros

I hope this link Works.

Don
Old 06-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
We had to take our bed completely apart to get at the pump. You did not state if you have a dual control or single control...

I donít need to replace my pump, just the mattress. Do I need to take my bed completely apart? If not, how far do I have to tear it down?

As far as having either a single or dual control, we have just 1 remote control and it is wireless.

Quote:
... There should be a package of 2 plastic caps that you can plug the tubes coming from the mattress at the head of the bed. You can than remove the mattress with out losing the air...

If I find that I do not have those 2 plastic caps, & all of the air comes out, no harm to the mattress, right?

Just re-inflate when finished?

Quote:
... they emailed me pictures of instructions on how to reassemble everything...

Any chance you still have those pictures?

The guy that I talked with at the Sleep Number store did not sound too friendly.

Quote:
... I believe my bed is labeled a short queen bed.

Iím not sure what MY bed is labeled as. The sticker at the foot says ďVantage PointĒ.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:44 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Call them directly
https://www.sleepnumber.com/?&acid=p...SAAEgJgrvD_BwE

Have a sleep number from cw, cw was no help, the store was no help, but the factory sent me a mattress directly, not that easy, someone dropped the ball on the 1st one, so they overnighted at there cost, and it was covered under warranty, not that hard to replace,
Old 06-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #13

Iím sure mine wonít be under warranty, because the motor coach is a 2008, & Iím not the original owner.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #14

ebay

Have you heard about Ebay? Everything is there and a lot cheaper.

JGrosman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts