Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Restoring original sound system

The previous owners at some point in time had removed the original sound system from our 1999 Ultimate Freedom. What it was replaced with, leaves a lot to be desired. Do any of you Ultimate Freedom or Ultimate Advantage owners still have your original systems in place? None of the speakers are left having been replaced with Rad-shack "boxes sitting behind the drivers and passenger seats. There are a couple of 3"-4" felt pads, one on each side of the "cockpit area", and a hole near the dining table where it looks like a speaker pre-existed.

There is also a large Bose "Black Box" under the couch and a flat panel that may be an amp attached to the kick panel to the left of the steering column.

I don't know why they were removed, but I'd like to replace the original system with comparable parts.

If any of you can post pics of how the wiring comes together, it would be a great help!
free2wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you been to the Winnebago and Lichtsinn websites.

They have drawings abd original parts catalogs that you can look at and download.

The Winnie drawings in my case was close but not exactly the same. Thy did give me the general layout of things. Mine showed the surrond amp behind the television but it was actuall under the left foot rest. Thats probably what is under your footrest.

Can't help with pics as my Journey probably is close but not really the same.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
The original system in my '99 UF had four cube speakers mounted over the driver's seat, over the passenger seat, under the cabinet at the refrigerator wall, and hanging from the ceiling to the right of the bathroom doorway. The one near the bathroom doorway was missing with wires hanging through a hole in the ceiling. I found from Lichtsinn that the cubes are no longer available. There are also two sub-woofers, one under the couch and one under the refrigerator that distributes the signal to the speakers. I used the make and model of the amplifier (don't remember now) to do a search and downloaded the manual from the manufacturer's website which shows the wiring. Yes, the amplifier is mounted on the back side of the kick panel where you would like to put your left foot if it wasn't there.
bsimonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimonds View Post
The original system in my '99 UF had four cube speakers mounted over the driver's seat, over the passenger seat, under the cabinet at the refrigerator wall, and hanging from the ceiling to the right of the bathroom doorway. The one near the bathroom doorway was missing with wires hanging through a hole in the ceiling. I found from Lichtsinn that the cubes are no longer available.
What did you do as far as replacement is concerned?
free2wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Since I was only missing one speaker and couldn't find a replacement, I moved the existing cube speaker from the dinning area to the bathroom door spot where the speaker was missing and then mounted a Polk Audio RM6751 bookshelf speaker from Amazon under the cabinet in the dining area.
The amplifier mounted behind the kick panel is a Sony XPLOD XM-604EQX and the manual can be downloaded from Sony eSupport - XM-604EQX - Manuals / Specs / Warranty
The front left and right outputs from the amplifier go to the woofer under the couch and from there to the left and right speaker wires over the driver's seat and passenger seat. The rear left and right outputs from the amplifier go to the woofer under the refrigerator and from there to the rear left and right speaker wires in the dinning area and the doorway to the bathroom. The woofer under the refrigerator is behind what looks like a heater return grill on the refrigerator side wall.

bsimonds is offline   Reply With Quote