Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidrvr View Post
I see what you did their!!

Shhhhhhh!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
At Home and RV or just RV?

Followup question:

WHY?

just the rv and because my hairy butt requires alot of tp which could clog the tank.
tmi but you asked.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
just the rv and because my hairy butt requires alot of tp which could clog the tank.
tmi but you asked.

Same principle applies at home.....yet you flush the TP there right?

I am a TP hog. I use what is necessary.
Big ole wad and more then just once....could be several wads used

AND Yet in 40+ years of RVng have not had a clog in toilet or waste tank due to using/flushing TP

OH well..life is stranger and funnier then fiction

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Same principle applies at home.....yet you flush the TP there right?

I am a TP hog. I use what is necessary.
Big ole wad and more then just once....could be several wads used

AND Yet in 40+ years of RVng have not had a clog in toilet or waste tank due to using/flushing TP

OH well..life is stranger and funnier then fiction

I only bag the tp at the rv because I dont want it to build up in the holding tank. No holding tank at home. Also I do not know or want to know what kind of tp I am using. Is it septic safe I dont know.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:10 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
any septic safe TP works fine, I also use "Happy Camper" which has enzymes to break everything down and greatly reduces smells (unless you leave your vent on when you flush).

Always keep the black valve closed till you get enough in the tank to create a good flow when you dump. Then dump the grey tank to flush the hose.

If you have a tank flush it helps to keep any build up forming. If not others have used ice dumped in the tank and a good ride to shake up the tank.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:05 PM   #34

By the way, does anyone of you have a composting toilet installed?
Shnoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:38 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
We stopped at a KOA near Pismo Beach CA this February on our way back home and the office had me sign an agreement that I would only use single ply RV tissue only because of their septic system. They said in writing there would be inspections for compliance and fines would be imposed and charged to your credit card. I could barely stop laughing on my way back to the RV thinking about someone going around pulling sewer hoses and analyzing TP. We have never encountered this request at any other campgrounds. I didn’t believe that they would inspect but maybe a guy should carry a couple rolls of one ply out of respect for camp owners with sensitive septic systems.
Highhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:59 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highhood View Post
We stopped at a KOA near Pismo Beach CA this February on our way back home and the office had me sign an agreement that I would only use single ply RV tissue only because of their septic system. They said in writing there would be inspections for compliance and fines would be imposed and charged to your credit card. I could barely stop laughing on my way back to the RV thinking about someone going around pulling sewer hoses and analyzing TP. We have never encountered this request at any other campgrounds. I didn’t believe that they would inspect but maybe a guy should carry a couple rolls of one ply out of respect for camp owners with sensitive septic systems.
I have no idea what they pay that inspector but it can't be enough.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:27 AM   #37

RV toilet paper ?

Quote:

There are other ways to check than pulling the sewer hose.[ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C46E17F7-FBCF-4764-B0A0-55DA6529BB66-4073-000003EFDD0C5C85.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	206248  
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #38

Quote:
All the more reason for me to keep that crappy RV TP shoved to the back of the cupboard...just in case. Lol
Old 07-09-2018, 10:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Walmart - Scott 1 ply

But really just put whatever you want to use in a plastic bag and not the tank and no worries.
Why would someone do this??? YUK or whatever..... no way....... paper goes down the toilet ..... not saved....... use plenty of water no problems. ...... next someone will tell how they take a dump in a trash can with plastic bag as a liner so it doesn't go into black tank....... no no no
smitty064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:25 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty064 View Post
Why would someone do this??? YUK or whatever..... no way....... paper goes down the toilet ..... not saved....... use plenty of water no problems. ...... next someone will tell how they take a dump in a trash can with plastic bag as a liner so it doesn't go into black tank....... no no no
Pipeliners out on a right of way use the plastic bag in a trash can or 5 gallon bucket method. I imagine other remote constructions trades do as well.

They may put the paper in trash bag, which by the way amazed me the first time I read it here but at least they use their bathroom. It's amazing the number of people who will not use their bathroom for poop. SOme have posted they wont shower in the RV, use the CG showers. That's one of the main reasons I have a coach, I don't wont to use public restrooms and showers. Go figure.

Not judging or saying whether it's right or wrong just saying not my style.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:50 PM   #41

Use the scott1000. Never have had a problem

Towing a 2011 Honda CRV
Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #42

This is funny but years ago i did a test.

Took a 1 gallon bucket filled with water added a typical load of (unused toilet paper) left in bucket for a while to see what happen.

I tested a few that we liked we use Scott extra soft or soft. These dissolved quickly and into not a lot of anything but micro pieces of paper.

I have used this or just scott since.

I remember trying some others and they did not dissolve at the same rate or level when i tested.

Tags
toilet