Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: If you had it to do over again would you.....
A- Buy the same exact RV again 30 54.55%
B- Same manufacturer but different model 17 30.91%
C- Same model but different options 4 7.27%
D- Different manufacturer altogether 4 7.27%
E- Wouldn't buy an RV at all 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Just wondering,

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just wondering,

Old 05-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #3

Winnebago builds a good coach, but I might look at another manufacturer that builds something that has better insulation.....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Having regrets Shannone?
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

As much as we love ours, bunk models really have us thinking that we may want to change in a few years. But the prices on the new Winnebagos, yikes! Sighseers price out where our Adventurer did just 3 years ago. $140K for a Voyage now. Some other manufacturers have models that compare to the Voyage for quite a bit less. We'd really have to be sure to look at all our options.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

FrontRange RVer: Are you speaking of insulation to keep out the cold or sound deadening insulation? If it's for the cold did you buy the optional dual glazed windows?

We use our 01 Adventurer regularly for cross country skiing when the temps are in the low to mid teens. We've never had problems with the furnace keeping up or the interior getting cold spots. We did get the dual glazed windows that were an option that year.

The only problem we had was before I installed shutoffs to the outdoor shower. The hose would freeze when it laid on the uninsulated compartment floor.

It would be a tough call as to what we will buy next. It'll definately be a Winnebago product. We've had excellent service from our current coach, the factory, vendors, and dealers.

I would like to go to a DP for a little more towing capacity and power in the mountains. The trouble is I would also like to stay with the same length coach. A lot of the places we go would be a struggle with a larger coach.

My wife on the other hand thinks the View is just the ticket. It's a huge difference of opinion, but right now we're both happy with the coach we have. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:17 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hikerdogs:
FrontRange RVer: Are you speaking of insulation to keep out the cold or sound deadening insulation? If it's for the cold did you buy the optional dual glazed windows?

We use our 01 Adventurer regularly for cross country skiing when the temps are in the low to mid teens. We've never had problems with the furnace keeping up or the interior getting cold spots. We did get the dual glazed windows that were an option that year.

The only problem we had was before I installed shutoffs to the outdoor shower. The hose would freeze when it laid on the uninsulated compartment floor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have the dual glazed windows, and yes I am talking about roof/walls/floor insulation. If Winnie had a "cold package" (or a hot one for that matter), that would add value to their lineup IMHO.

Look for basement air posts about the wall temps I posted.....

I do believe Winnie is a good quality product...
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Having regrets Shannone?

Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Not at all....haven't had any problems yet. I don't feel like I've owned it long enough though to really answer the question thoughtfully </span>

Old 06-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hikerdogs:

The only problem we had was before I installed shutoffs to the outdoor shower. The hose would freeze when it laid on the uninsulated compartment floor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have the dual glazed windows, and yes I am talking about roof/walls/floor insulation. If Winnie had a "cold package" (or a hot one for that matter), that would add value to their lineup IMHO.

Look for basement air posts about the wall temps I posted.....

I do believe Winnie is a good quality product... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still don't understand this one. I own a 2001 35U with basement air and the complaints I get is that it's too cold inside even when the outside temps are well over 100 degrees. Right now the temps have been in the mid nineties, I am on only a 20 amp feed and have the second compressor shut off at the breaker. There is no problem whatsoever in maintaining 78 dgrees and the unit is not running constantly.

Did Winnie make a big left turn after 2001 and mess up that badly?

I also visited LazyDays and turned on the basement air in the new coaches and they all caught up from internal temps hovering over 110 degrees in very short order.

There must be something unique about your particular coach that need attention.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:59 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Although my Itasca Ellipse 40FD is only a month old, I think the only thing from my wish list that it lacks is the one piece windshield. I'm still amazed that, for years, MH makers stuck with that two piece design which includes those big, clunky windshield wipers in the middle of the beautiful view!

rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:01 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I've owned Fleetwood and now the suncruiser. Winnebago wins hands down in quality. Fleetwood is more eyecandy. When we were searching for a new MH we liked the interior of the Pace Arrow but the quality and furniture of the Suncruiser won out.

I will buy Winnebago again but my next one will be diesel. They just travel smother than the gassers.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Are you talking all things being equal or if I had won the lottery?????

equal = same
Lottery = something in the 5/7 hundred thousand class.

Good miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

After we bought ours (with about six months of looking and comparing under our belts), we took several local short trips and one cross-country trip. We recently spent the day at an RV show, and we came out with talking how we wouldn't trade for anything we saw.

Very pleased! And no regrets!
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

My wife and I bought our 2002 Ultimate Advantage last year and are very well pleased with it. Have been to 9 states so far and really only one major item was bad. The hydraulic fan hub went out but, when we purchased the MH, I bought a 4 year 40,000 mile warranty -- the warranty covered the full cost of the replacement ($950.00). I have made several improvements to it since buying -- changed out the tube TV up front to a 32" flat screen, put a 26" flat screen in the bed room, a 27" flat screen for the outside TV. I have also added the pressure pro system for the MH and toad. For better audio, I have installed a Sirus sat radio and added an MP3 player to the Sony radio up front. I ungraded the exhaust fans to Fantastic 600 models. Also added a SurgeGuard permanent mount to protect the coach from stray electrical shocks. As you can see been having lots of fun with this one. Wouldn't trade it back in though -- the person who originally bought it in 2002 opted fro every upgrade except for the GPS and I already had one.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I've only had my Sunova 35J since January, but I am still in love with it. It's all packed up and waiting in the driveway as I type...we leave tomorrow morning for Williamsburg!

I love the coach, and do not regret at all going with the Winnie product over the other unit we seriously considered, the Hurricane 34B. I am sure this is somewhat unusual, but I was at our local dealer this week getting our toad set up, and saw a workorder on the service counter for a 2007 Hurricane that was coming in (the dealer also sells Thor units). This was a new coach, and there was a laundry list of items that needed fixing under warranty. Not minor things either...bad slide seals, a/c ductwork not hooked up, leaking faucets, cracked sink, dinette coming apart. My Itasca has 3 minor issues to be corrected, one of which I've already fixed myself. I'm very happy with the Winnebago quality so far, and can say at this point that I have no regrets with the purchase.

5 Girls (19, 17, 14, 9 and 7)
Dave in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Got mine in September and the list of wants is small:
-A solar panel big enough to keep the batteries charged while in storage at minimum (the OEM is a total waste of money).
-One extra house battery (total 4).
-I'm not thrilled that the entire coach is picked up by the inverter, but that's arguable I guess.

Other than that we're back at the same spot I took the sig pic, so who's complaining?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
For our requirements in '05 I'm happy with what we have. Long haul will probably end up in a Vectra/Horizon class rig. I might give Tiffen Allegro Bus a good look just to be sure though.

If I were to come into a lot of $$ unexpectedly then I'd have to consider Country Coach. Very well put together, 3 year warranty and generally one stop service at their dealers for everything which would be a huge time saver. Also, CC offers CAT engines ranging from C7's to C13's. All it takes is $$.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote