Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sharp tv

We have a 2009 Sightseer and we cannot remember how to get the DVD to work. We know that when we put the DVD into the radio unit up front, the movie should start right up but the instuctions say to make sure that the TV is on INPUT 1 and we cannot get it on INPUT 1 because it is faded out on the menu. Any suggestions on how we can get this to work. The DVD will work on the small 19 inch TV up front but not the big Sharp TV in the living area.
jdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'm not up on all the electronic gadgetry today but are you sure you put the DVD in the radio? There should be a DVD player there somewhere I think. All the radios I've seen only play CDs (music).
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Do you have the input selector by this. Where you would need to select DVD and the zone you want it for? Have you tried other inputs. It would probably be a component cable input.
troyrice76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

If that input is greyed out on the TV that usually means there is nothing connected to that input. Has the Sharp ever played DVDs from the radio?
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Press input on remote until you see the movie
Schoolsout2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

first of all thanks for all of your replies. The radio in our 09 Sightseer is one unit that is the DVD player and CD player. We will try the other suggestions and if all else fails we will call the Winnebago tech number. This problem came up over the weekend and of course they were closed. Thanks again
Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have an 09 Destination with the 37" Sharp TV. I have found on a couple of occasions that the TV goes to "LaLa" land and you cannot change inputs, etc. I have found that I need to work the input control on the TV (don't remember where it is at, but should tell you in the manual), get into the setup mode and do a factory reset. Once reset everything works normally. You do lose any labels that you have added to the inputs like DVD, VCR, Sat and the like.

Just my experience - Michael
Old 05-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #8

Sharp

Sharp TV's are well know for 'forgetting' settings.

If you can take a look at 'settings', 'edit inputs'. You may find that the input you want is disabled in the menu and you migh be able to change it there without losing all of your other settings.

Another possibility is that the video connection at the DVD/radio or the TV has come loose. You didn't specify if the connection was RCA video, s-Video or HDMI but they are all equally likely to vibrate loose. Getting at them might be a problem..........
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

thanks everyone for your help, the answer to the problem was that the "AB" switch was not on the "A" part . We put the AB switch in because we bring our TIVO machine with us when we go camping and this was needed for TIVO to work. All is good now and thanks again for your help. We did call Winnebago tech line and told us to take the TV off of the wall (37 inch flat screen Sharp) to make sure the wires did not come loose and that did not work so we tried the AB switch and that did the trick.