Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
MrG

The upper shelf appears to be made to install a sat receiver on it with all cable connections plus a duplex outlet that TV is pluged into now. The bottom portion of the duplex outlet's opening appears to be blocked. I can't plug anything into it. Is this normal?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
MrG

The upper shelf appears to be made to install a sat receiver on it with all cable connections plus a duplex outlet that TV is pluged into now. The bottom portion of the duplex outlet's opening appears to be blocked. I can't plug anything into it. Is this normal?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #3

I think Winnie installs a single outlet when it is designed only for one Winnie installed device to be plugged into it. For example the outlet for the washing maching is only a single outlet where a duplex would fit. It appears trhat one outlet is blanked out, but I think it is really only a single outlet.

I don't know why they do this unless the single outlet is a few cents cheaper than a duplex.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #4

Mr G

Look very carefully in your cabinets. I've owned my '03 coach nearly three years and just a couple of weeks ago discovered there are two duplex outlets side-by-side in my electronics cabinet where I thought there was just one ...they have dark face plates so are not easily visible. I may put white plates on them so I can find them easier!!! You may find more outlets on your 05 also. Our TV is plugged into a different outlet on the ceiling of the TV cabinet.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
MrG

Thanks for response. It still doesn't make sense. Where do they expect you to plug in the sat rec when all cable connections are right there. I think I'll call Winnie tomorrow. John