Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #1

Happy new year all.....

We have the typical front floor plan in our UA. Couch on one side, recliner on the other. I know folks have replaced the couch/recliner with a desk with success but was wondering if anyone had removed a couch and created an entertainment center in the result space that would hold their TV.

We've pulled the recliner to give us more room and upgraded or tube tv to LCD. Now I'd like to attempt to move the LCD to the side, right in front of the couch.

So, all you upgrade folks out there....let me know if you've attempted this and what kind of process was involved.

TIA
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #2

Happy new year all.....

We have the typical front floor plan in our UA. Couch on one side, recliner on the other. I know folks have replaced the couch/recliner with a desk with success but was wondering if anyone had removed a couch and created an entertainment center in the result space that would hold their TV.

We've pulled the recliner to give us more room and upgraded or tube tv to LCD. Now I'd like to attempt to move the LCD to the side, right in front of the couch.

So, all you upgrade folks out there....let me know if you've attempted this and what kind of process was involved.

TIA
Old 01-04-2007, 07:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Someone did this very thing....replaced a recliner with a custom built TV stand/storage unit across from the sofa. He posted photos but I can't remember where I saw this...perhaps on RV.net class A forum.

You might do a search here and on RV.net on 'TV mods,' or 'TV Stands.'

If I find it I will let you know.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #4

I know someone who did that with a Suncruiser. Removed the front overhead TV, had entertainment center built on street side right beside the mid-entry door. It looks great!
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote