Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2007, 04:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Seems I've now developed a creeping bedroom slide. Creeps out 2- 3". I recently replaced a hose to that slide but I've cycled it enough to make sure air is not a problem.

HWH documents says creeping out is either bad check valve at manifold, bad extend solenoid, or bad slide cylinder. How to determine which of those is the culprit is the question.

Will be trying to talk to HWH today.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Seems I've now developed a creeping bedroom slide. Creeps out 2- 3". I recently replaced a hose to that slide but I've cycled it enough to make sure air is not a problem.

HWH documents says creeping out is either bad check valve at manifold, bad extend solenoid, or bad slide cylinder. How to determine which of those is the culprit is the question.

Will be trying to talk to HWH today.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:23 AM   #3
paz
Winnebago Camper

Smlranger, I have found HWH tech service to be helpful in diagnosing problems with our hydraulic jacks. If you are at all mechanically inclined, they will be able to walk you through some diagnostic checks to help you identify the defective part(s). The only problem is they are very short-handed and it usually takes them several hours to call you back.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Talked to HWH. They said it is most likely the extend solenoid (but could be either retract or extend). If it was the check valve on the manifold, both slides would be affected. I ordered a re-built solenoid for $75 and will hope that takes care of it.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:12 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I had the same problem with my slides. Both would creep out, or in if it sat extended for a while. I had some issues with the dealer trying to get it right. When you replace the solenoid be careful not to over tighten the solenoid putting it on the manifold. The tech over tightened mine and crushed the "O" ring at the base of the solenoid. It caused the solenoid to leak profusely.

Since the solenoid's were replaced the creeping problem went away and all is well. HWH was good with their customer service though.

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Had the same problem. Both oof the solenoids were replaced on mine as well as the U tube as they call it. They haven't creeped out since.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Update: Replaced the extend solenoid (it was the easy one to get at) and problem solved!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Hooray

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Good job smlranger!! Glad it was your first inclination of the problem. I love it when a plan works!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #10
gMw
Winnebago Owner

Smlranger, thanks for the posting... My livingroom slide has gotten a little "creepy" as well. I've spoken with HWH, they're always good to talk to, and am sure I'm looking at solenoid replacement. Nice to know the task is something I can do myself.

FYI, I opened and closed the bypass valves on all four solenoids, am waiting to see if that helped any. Right now the coach is at the dealership for it's state inspection.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

In the 4 years of ownership, my B/R slide has crept about 5 times while stored for long periods. The creep was about 2 inches, all I did was press the retract button and the problem was resolved. I dont think I will start replacing anything for this minor problem..

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Slide Creep? That reminds me of what the mean girl would say to me when she got on the bus when I was little. "Slide Creep!"
Bucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
In the 4 years of ownership, my B/R slide has crept about 5 times while stored for long periods. The creep was about 2 inches, all I did was press the retract button and the problem was resolved. I dont think I will start replacing anything for this minor problem.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Our B/R slide does the same thing except it creeps out about 8 inches in one week. I just retract it again and wait another week. On our way back east this summer I guess we will stop in at HWH in Moscow, IA and have them take a look at it. As luck would have it we will be about one month out of warranty when we get there.

2006 Gulfstream Ultra LE 6316
ghamblen is offline   Reply With Quote