Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2018, 03:39 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Slide lock will not unlock

Well there goes another trip. Went to open the slides so DW could pack for next weeks departure to Alaska. The living room slide which is the OLD Power gear type with the mechanical lock and large rack and pinion electric opening system would not unlock.

The owners manual says to check the circuit breaker located in the inside of one of the outside compartments. DW and I tore the compartments apart, no joy. The local shop says we should see a small box saying Intellitek on it. There should be a breaker in or on it in one of the compartments. No joy.

WGO said to check the breakers under the drivers side dash, the breakers in the propane compartment, and inside the entry door. No joy. The local shop told me about the reed switch on the screw drive that opens and closes the lock. I checked it. No joy. We can travel without this slide working, so am thinking of going to Forrest City, IA and get on the waiting list and then try to salvage the trip as best we can when fixed.

Anybody have any ideas where a breaker for this slide might be if it even has one? This is not the infamous Schwintek slide but the old style Powergear.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #2

I have no idea where the breakers/fuses are, but I remember that these locks would jam in the past. You might try removing the cover and wiggle.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers View Post
I have no idea where the breakers/fuses are, but I remember that these locks would jam in the past. You might try removing the cover and wiggle.
I think you were right. Drove it for a day and now it works fine. Thx
Old 05-06-2018, 08:32 AM   #4

I'm glad it works, hope all stays well.

We spent 3 months in Canada/Alaska with 2 other Winny coaches in 2014. Including the Top of the World Highway. Had a great time.

Enjoy.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We had an '11 Journey with Power Gear slides. Picking it up for our first "walk-thru" a slide lock broke. It took the tech a long time to release it and in side there is a very delicate micro switch. After that, we never used the locks, the slides never moved when they weren't suppose to, in the 75,000 miles we used it. Also once we learned to always have the engine running when moving a slide, we never had a slide problem
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide