Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Slide Motor??

2008 Destination. The full wall slide is just barely making it in. Had to use the boost switch today to pull it off. Connections are clean and solid, batteries are good. I'm thinking things are getting tired. So before I am toally screwed I'm thinking of larger slide motors.

I read somewhere about a replacement that is a bit more powerful, more torque, does anybody have that info? Numbers and such?
Fastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Hmm, I have a 2009 Destination and though the slide has not been in/out that many times, I have never experienced the problem, except for one time when I put the rear slide in, then tried to bring the front slide in, without having the engine running. The front slide got halfway in, stopped, jacks would not go up, got a low battery alarm (from jack panel) had to boost the engine (chassis) batteries to get it going. Once it had idled for a few minutes all was good again. So, I just start the enigine (or leave it running) if I have to move the slides or the jacks. Guess I am one of those that people hate as I idle my diesel a little bit while doing those chores.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #3

I'm guessing here, but I think Mickey's going down the right path .. not enough 'juice' (amps actually) to do the job. When I pull in the two slides I'm hooked to RV Campground power, the engine's running or the Gennie.

Weight on these things is significant and doubtful the manufacturer would put in too light a motor to accomplish the task. That said .. they run off of 12 volts and require a heck of a lot of 'amps' to crank those things inboard.

fae
fredaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #4

I have a 2005 Excursion 39V, with full slide about 30 ft long. I had to replace one of the four motor this year, about $600. When the motor burned up the slide wouldn't move at all. The computer shout down the slide so nothing moved.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I think I found my problem. Actually I know I have. My batteries tested okay for voltage. But the amps fell off in about 7 seconds. Enough to light the Cummins but not enough ooomph long enough for the slider.
Solution was a couple of 950CCA batteries. Now the slide about leaps in.

I'd still like to find out about the other motors for info anyway.
Fastcar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide