Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2005 Adventurer 38G. The bedroom slide hesitated a few time. This evening I put out the slide and it stopped, extended about 4 inches. There is no motor sound at all. I checked the emergency brake, and reset Park, I'm on shore power. It seems like either the switch went bad, or a fuse. Question; anyone know where the slide fuse might be? Is there an access point to manually bring in the slide? Any suggestions? As luck would have it, the rig is parked next to the house, with no trips planned for awhile. Thank for any input. Gary.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2005 Adventurer 38G. The bedroom slide hesitated a few time. This evening I put out the slide and it stopped, extended about 4 inches. There is no motor sound at all. I checked the emergency brake, and reset Park, I'm on shore power. It seems like either the switch went bad, or a fuse. Question; anyone know where the slide fuse might be? Is there an access point to manually bring in the slide? Any suggestions? As luck would have it, the rig is parked next to the house, with no trips planned for awhile. Thank for any input. Gary.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

1) Does the front slide work? ... if it does then the pump is working (so probably not a fuse)

2) Our rig ('04 Journey) has a hesitation on the bedroom slide occasionally ... we have found that if we move the front slide just a little then the bedroom slide works as it should. This is our "work around" ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I not sure which coaches has eletrical or hydralic sytems. On my hydralic system there is a control boxs on the front of the pump. It's has a clear plastic cover. Each solenoid has a relay which are gray. there are four of them and located at the top of the circuit board and below them are are four blue 15 amps. fuses.Check this fuses. The front slide, rear slide, front jacks and rear jacks have there on soleniod valve, relay and fuse. My front jack stop working and I found the fuse was blown. The fuse maybe your problem.
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2004 Sightseer 35N that took a lightning strike that caused the bedroom slide to fail.
After talking to Winnebago they explained how to bring it in manually (if yours works like ours)
If you pull the luan off the floor under the bed you will see a long electrically driven screw/motor device. Iff that is what is there it probably works the same way. Next remove the end panel off of the bed frame. On the end of the motor there is a shaft that sticks out with a pin going through it. After you take the end off the bed you will see a hole about an inch wide that you put that mystery tool in that you have in your Winnebago owners bag. That will fit over the shaft/pin on the end of the motor then use the the box wrench rachet (other part of mystery tool) to rachet slide in/out. Good Luck.
pace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We had a problem with our bedroom slide, 2005 Vectra, turned out to be the rocker switch. The slide was out but would not come in. Called Coachnet, the gentleman hit the rocker switch, the slide came in but would not go out, then he kept hitting the switch only at a different location on the switch and got it to work. We then replaced the switch.
Motorhome05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thank you all for your help. I backed the MH out of the driveway, cycled the living room slide, which hesitated, then tried the bedroom slide, and it came back in to rest. Wow what a relief. Still don't know the cause, it could be a loose wire at the power box, a bad rocker switch (shook when moved)whatever. But now that it is in and tight I'll make an appointment and take it in for service. As a side note: the clear control for the motor (probably with the fuses) is tucked behind the livingroom slide. I can't take the slide out without the fear that it will not go back in. I think I'll let a Winne dealer take care of this one.
Thank you all again for your prompt and useful replies. Happy Trails.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Sounds like my slide has been talking to your slide.

skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote