Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Slideout on 2017 31G

I have a 2017 Minnie Winnie 31G. I had the slideout Start to malfunction while coming back in. I had the wife try to move it back out and only the back end went out. Now I had the back at least 8 inches out and the front was all the way in. I was up in Hancock Mi in the upper peninsula when this happened. I called Coachnet to get help with this problem being I did buy this warranty. They did try to tell me how to pull the motor out but they did not have anyone close to me to come out and help me. So I was able to figure it out by watching youtube to see how to do it. I was able to push it back in and get a 2x4 on top of the slideout to keep it from going back out on my 550 mile drive back home. It took 3 weeks for my dealer to fix the problem. It was a bad power gear motor on the back end of the slide. Now when I have the slide go back out it is bogging down when it is 1/4 of the way out then it starts to go full power to get the rest of the way out. By the sound of the tech it is a big problem. I am not liking the idea of having motors keep going out on me. Has anyone else have this issue and what if any idea's of a long term fix?
rogtill61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #2

Sounds like the slide is binding or rubbing on something at a point in its travel. This is putting excess strain on the gear motors. The motors are probably fine but i doubt they will hold up if this binding isn't fixed.

I wonder if it could be as simple as lubricating the screw drive?
Old 08-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well I am hoping that the dealer will be able to figure out why. They knew I had a 2 week camping trip planned. So there thought was it is working good enough to go camping and bring it back to them to figure out what is going on.
rogtill61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #4

Slideout on 2017 31G

I would bring it to Forest City for higher odds of a long term fix. The 31G is a nice unit, everything else working good? (Almost bought one but switched to 31D).
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
x2 on going to Forest City.
Arkie_ENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:31 AM   #6

Had my full wall slide fail in Florida and repaired at Camping World in Tallahassee. Took over a month for parts and when repaired it still acted rough and noisy. Have had many problems on our 2016 Vista LX 27N so headed to Forest City to have Slide looked at and repair leaking leveling jacks.
Arrived in Forest City for our April 6th appt. with added problems. Dinette Powergear broke halfway there and full body paint was flaking off for the third time. Paint was repaired by CDI, both right side jacks we're replaced, Full Wall Slide was repaired again( told it needed adjusting but still changes speed when moving), and new motors installed in Dinette slide. Left Forest City and headed to Seattle to visit family.
Now in Seattle with Vista waiting for parts at Poulsbo RV in Kent, Wa since July 13th. Dinette slide broke in Portland nearly crushing tv against wall, and leveling jacks making popping noises loud enough to disturb neighbors during the night. Received a call today saying that the slide was repaired( new motors, slide controllers, and wiring harness) but that the new hydraulic pump was defective and had to be reordered. Once repaired it will be put up for sale but time is getting short as we have to leave for Florida on September 15th. Already replaced Coach with a 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD.
Forgot to mention that the check engine light came on Three times on the trip from Florida. Three calls to Ford Customer Service requiring three trips to Dealers telling me the light should not come on again. Warranty has been very expensive to use and very challenging to full timers. Trying to stay positive but has been much harder on the DW.

Tags
slide, slideout