Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #1

slides and jacks on 05 adventurer wont work??

Ok here goes this is my first post so be patient. I went out to my 2005 638j adverturer to get it ready to go. The bedroom slide was out. I started to put the livingroom slide out it went about 2 inches and stopped. I checked the fluid and it was dry I put almost 4 qts in the res. I went and tried to put the slides in or out and nothing worked. I can hear the motor running but no movement . I checked the fuses in the engine compartment, under the dash, and in the control box . I can lower the jacks but they wont go up. the batteries are good and I use the boost which increases the motor sound.. HELP... DOES ANYONE HAVE a suggestion? Im out of ideas.
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have no idea what the problem is, I'm just putting in a bump to keep the post up for someone to see who might know what the problem might be.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
What's the static house battery voltage?(no Genny no engine running)...assuming you are not on shore power?

Have you started the genny...then tried the jack & slide controls?

Do you have any control status lights (amber or red) on your dash jack control panel lit when you have your ignition key on? Do these same lights...some...illuminate when you turn on the master switch button for the dash jack control panel?

Did you reservice it with the correct fluid?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
All slides in and jacks up is the time to fill with fluid. You may have air in system. Are the jacks a HWH system? You should look under slides and bed to see if you have a leak. The amount of fluid is just about dry in my system your loosing fluid some place.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Ok here goes this is my first post so be patient. I went out to my 2005 638j adverturer to get it ready to go. The bedroom slide was out. I started to put the livingroom slide out it went about 2 inches and stopped. I checked the fluid and it was dry I put almost 4 qts in the res. I went and tried to put the slides in or out and nothing worked. I can hear the motor running but no movement . I checked the fuses in the engine compartment, under the dash, and in the control box . I can lower the jacks but they wont go up. the batteries are good and I use the boost which increases the motor sound.. HELP... DOES ANYONE HAVE a suggestion? Im out of ideas.
if the jacks were down or slides were out when you filled the reservoir, leave the cap off and put a large container under it when you retract the jacks and slides. you are going to have a mess. cardboard and kitty litter will soak up the oil that the container doesn't catch.
start the main engine. the jacks, slide relays, and solenoids like 14v. your starting battery cannot supply that many volts unless the engine is operated frequently, and maybe not even then.
if that doesn't work, try adding another ground wire from the hwh motor to a good ground. use something like a battery jumper cable.
it helps to wipe the jack shafts with transmission fluid.
when the jacks are up and the slides are in, top off the fluid reservoir and check for leaks.
good luck!
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slides wont work