Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #1

Steering wheel no straight.

My 2004 Sightseer has an issue it had when I purchased it. The steering wheel is not straight. The Workhorse emblem is off to the left side which is bad enough to cause me to have to hold down the left blinker switch when making left turns due to the cam for the cancellation being in the wrong spot. Looking for the adjustment in the steering to fix this without taking the rig to a dealer or mechanic. If I can do it myself would be great. By the way, taking the steering wheel off and just moving it won't work. Already tried it.
acpd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by acpd22 View Post
My 2004 Sightseer has an issue it had when I purchased it. The steering wheel is not straight. The Workhorse emblem is off to the left side which is bad enough to cause me to have to hold down the left blinker switch when making left turns due to the cam for the cancellation being in the wrong spot. Looking for the adjustment in the steering to fix this without taking the rig to a dealer or mechanic. If I can do it myself would be great. By the way, taking the steering wheel off and just moving it won't work. Already tried it.
The wheel alignment was not completed the last time it was aligned.
This is done at the tie rod ends.
If you think you want to do it yourself, then you find out how on you tube.
Or take it to any tire dealer that does alignments.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #3

No familure with Workhorse but if it has a straight I beam axle front end, then all you need to do is adjust the length of the drag link, if it is adjustable. ( Ford's are not ).

The drag link goes from the left front tire to the steering box.

If adjustable, there should be a pair of clamps that you loosen and turn the sleave one way or the other to get the steering wheel straight. The sleave has right and left threads in it so it can be adjusted without undoing the ends. Be sure to tighten back up the clamp pinch bolts when done.

If it has independent front suspension, you will need an alignment shop to do it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #4

On my new to meItasca's steering wheel was at 10 o'clock rather than at 12 so had my front end aligned. Got it back and it pulled to the right so brought it back and had them re-align it. Now it tracks straight with the steering wheel at 12 noon.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #5
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had the same problem with mine and I purchased a puller for about $4.50 and pulled the steering wheel off and straitened it out and all is good. Was an easy job.

Tags
steering