Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
I have a remote clamped to the steering wheel, and two I credit card remotes. It seems odd that all three don't work? I replaced all the batteries, so I know they're good. I have tried all three on all radios. I also have two cables with "IR" marked on them near the DVD player. The only information I have is whats in the Winnebago manual, am I missing a seperate instruction sheet ? The video and TV remotes work fine.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
I have a remote clamped to the steering wheel, and two I credit card remotes. It seems odd that all three don't work? I replaced all the batteries, so I know they're good. I have tried all three on all radios. I also have two cables with "IR" marked on them near the DVD player. The only information I have is whats in the Winnebago manual, am I missing a seperate instruction sheet ? The video and TV remotes work fine.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #3

For my coach, the steering wheel remote controls the house radio located in the dash. In order to hear it, the tv/radio switch in the audio cabinet must be switched to radio. One of the credit card like remotes also controls the dash radio and the other one controls the outside radio located in the curb side exterior radio box.

You also may want to make sure the batteries are installed the correct way. I found that out the first time I replaced them!

If your dash or exterior radio are not the original ones, then the controls probably do not work with the replacement radios.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Stern, I can't tell what you are driving, but on my 04 33V Bago, the remotes service a dash mounted "eye",(yellow/orange, on mine) located on the dash near the instrument panel. The remotes should be aimed in that direction. If that doesn't help, and you have access, make sure the eye is plugged into the dash radio. There have been others on these boards that found the unit unplugged. If this radio has ever been removed/re installed, there is a good chance that these wires were never re attached...Generally the remotes, steering wheel included, work fine...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote