Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2019, 12:05 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
Mine stuck in the out position the first week of December. The first time I kicked them and they went in. Later in the day they stuck out again. We continued our trip and 3 weeks later when I moved the coach to our son's home a couple of miles away they were still stuck out. A week later when we returned to Texas I kicked them once and they went in and have been working ever since. Go figure ...
Hahaha! Sometimes I guess that's all it takes. A swift kick, (or a hammer) [emoji1]
Reminds me of the old TV sets. Just beat your fist on top of it and everything clears right up!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Reminds me of the old TV sets. Just beat your fist on top of it and everything clears right up!
My dad used to call that "percussive maintenance".
Old 01-19-2019, 03:37 PM   #17

I had my steps stuck out while parked in a parking lot all the banging on motor had no effect decided to remove link pin that held steps closed steps and held in place with a c clamp until I got to a campground. I removed the step motor and disassembled cleaned the commutator scraped the insulators with a nail file this is the line between each brass segment to remove any debris, used fine emery to clean brass commutator surface to improve brush contact reset brushes reassembled and back in business. I had already checked for voltage at motor before doing this.
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:58 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I have had to replace my motor twice on my steps over a six year period. The first time, I had the dealer replace the motor under warranty. This last time, I replaced the motor. Very easy to do and takes only 15 minutes. Lots of YouTube videos to show you how (if the motor is the problem). The hardest part is determining what motor you need (if there is no label on the motor). Plenty of threads which talk about replacement motors.

Good luck!

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:25 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
onebrit :

I too have taken apart electric motors to find the tips of the brush's rusted, a clip with a pair of scissors reinstall, here's the reason for my post, i seal it real good silly cone, let dry and then paint 'em real good, works on boat starters, alt. RV motors etc.
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps