Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The 18 month old coach battery for our 2006 Adventures is dead. (Drained it too many times before I installed a disconnect switch). I have searched the web and this forum, but cannot find the specs for the battery. Can anyone recommend a replacement from Wal-Mart or NAPA. Thanks.

Arne

https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=664&cat=2
ARNE-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The 18 month old coach battery for our 2006 Adventures is dead. (Drained it too many times before I installed a disconnect switch). I have searched the web and this forum, but cannot find the specs for the battery. Can anyone recommend a replacement from Wal-Mart or NAPA. Thanks.

Arne

Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Walmart...you have a hard time beating their value and warranty...and accessibility for warranty service when you travel. Consumer magazines have rated their EverStart brand highly. Don't forget to service them with distilled water...and check at least monthly
Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #4

You should have 2 coach batteries and 1 chassis starting battery.....are you talking about both your coach deep cycle batteries?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the inputs. I used wrong terminology. It is the starter battery that is dead. And I am looking for which EverStart replacement battery to purchase.

I have replaced my two house (coach) batteries with four 6 volt AGM batteries. They give us no trouble.

Arne

Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

If you do not know which specific battery you need, note the CCA and Amp Hour specs on your present battery and the exact physical dimentions of it. Use that information in selecting your replacement. If possible, take the old battery to the store with you and have them match it for you. You'll have to dispose of the old battery anyway so taking it in with you would save you a return trip.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Arne,
How did you fit 4 6 Volt AGMs and 1 Chassis battery where there were 2 12 volt wet cell coach batteries and 1 12 volt chassis battery. I replaced my 2 coach 12 volts with 2 Golf Cart 6 volt batteries and I have just enough room for a single 12 volt chassis battery (the original).
Any pictures?
Frank O.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:50 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

4 AGM Batteries.
Yes, you are right. I was not able to place more than two batteries under the steps. The other two are in a wooden box I installed in the compartment next to the entry door. Since the AGM batteries needs no venting, I did not have to worry about the airflow from this compartment up into the rig.
My rig is in storage right now, so I cannot take pictures. If you still are interested, I can post one next week.
Arne

Old 06-02-2007, 05:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Arne,
No need for pictures as your description was perfect. Never thought about the not needing the
venting due to the AGMs. Good idea. I really like the Golf Cart Batteries and would like to have four in the current box. I think I saw a picture of someones mods where they put four GC Batteries in the battery compartment then place a chassis battery box in the engine compartment for two chassis batteries. Not sure where to put that battey box in the engine compartment.
Frank O.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: A truck battery is a truck battery. However, as you have found out we tend to abuse batteries more than most automotive/truck installations would. Therefore, I suggest a deep cycle battery as have plates and geometry that is a little less sensitive to such abuse. One can buy these things at Costco, Sams Club, Wallmart etc. Just a thought.
Viel Spass dabei.
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote