Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #169

Winnebago Owners Club
WOW! I love that modification. Where did you get the cabinet? Parts number (if any)? Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2018, 11:22 PM   #170

Thank you for the compliment!
We bought the cabinet from Lowes for $330. (Your basic 24" wide cabinet) We left it 5 inches off the wall to allow "things" to go behind it. Lowes requires some assembly. Mostly glueing the toe-kick veneer.
We then looked into butcher block. (talk about sticker shock) So we went with 1" thick board from Lowes at $40 for two boards. (24" wide X 29" deep to be exact) The wife will treat it with food grade mineral oil. This way we can use it as a Butcher Block.
We then order two heavy duty quick release hinges off Amazon at $25. Just in case I (or some-one) falls on it, I want it to support our weight.
I attached the BB top to the cabinet via screws and attached the BB top to the wall via 20" L bracket. (It's not going anyplace) Getting the shelf to line up equally with the BB top was "fun". The shelf is also 24" X 29", with no modification because it missed the hand rail.
I ended up using a portable planer to "equal" the shelf to the BB top at the apex or hinged area.
I believe the greatest thing is; when the top gets dented or whatever, all I have to do is sand out the dent and retreat with the oil. Easy peasy!!
I'll email you more pictures if you wish, just PM you email. (Sorry, I'm not coming to LA. EVER!!)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:01 PM   #171

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesaz View Post
Thank you for the compliment!
We bought the cabinet from Lowes for $330. (Your basic 24" wide cabinet) We left it 5 inches off the wall to allow "things" to go behind it. Lowes requires some assembly. Mostly glueing the toe-kick veneer.
We then looked into butcher block. (talk about sticker shock) So we went with 1" thick board from Lowes at $40 for two boards. (24" wide X 29" deep to be exact) The wife will treat it with food grade mineral oil. This way we can use it as a Butcher Block.
We then order two heavy duty quick release hinges off Amazon at $25. Just in case I (or some-one) falls on it, I want it to support our weight.
I attached the BB top to the cabinet via screws and attached the BB top to the wall via 20" L bracket. (It's not going anyplace) Getting the shelf to line up equally with the BB top was "fun". The shelf is also 24" X 29", with no modification because it missed the hand rail.
I ended up using a portable planer to "equal" the shelf to the BB top at the apex or hinged area.
I believe the greatest thing is; when the top gets dented or whatever, all I have to do is sand out the dent and retreat with the oil. Easy peasy!!
I'll email you more pictures if you wish, just PM you email. (Sorry, I'm not coming to LA. EVER!!)
PM sent... LA is a great place to visit...

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:21 AM   #172

need help/clarification - Batteries

Hi All..

2012 Itasca Sunstar 35F

I am updating/upgrading my batteries.. the original NAPA ones actually lasted until the end of last year..

So.. we are purchasing two "blue-top" Optima batteries..

My question for anyone - Do I have a "bird" charger on my motorhome.. I am of the opinion that I DO NOT have a charger, but someone told me that since I have an inverter, I likely have a charger.. I don't think that's the case..

HELP ???

Can anyone clarify/confirm whether I have a charger or not ?

Thanks
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:36 AM   #173

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I got around to installing and hooking up the Lighted Door handle. Too bad the pictures suck.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:20 PM   #174

Sorry haven't looked at posts on this thread for a while. Saw some of the updates and thought I would add ours on our 30T Vista.
Put in new faucets also but went with a pulldown in kitchen and found a bath faucet at Lowes that had a movable spout that the wife loves. You can move it out to side to make it easier to get your head in the small sink given the overhead cabinet.
Only downfall on the pull down was the weight hung up on drawer but found a way to keep it back that almost eliminated the problem .

Also replaced sleeper couch with two recliners-makes relaxing and watching tv much more relaxing.

Put LED lights in also. Other thing was adding a 3" foam topper on mattress.
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #175

We had a quick connect LP line installed in our 2012 Sunstar 26P for a Wave_6 catalytic heater.

Having the connection in an non-traffic area and ability to use the heater even when the slide was in were two important factors in determining the location of the LP gas line.

Our installer found adequate space to the left of a drawer beneath the refrigerator. The copper tubing tees off from the frig gas line feeds under the drawer and is secured to the base of the cabinet beneath the drawer.

The quick connect and shut-off valve extends out the side of the cabinet in the space between an interior wall and the side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6782397F-CEFC-403C-B31D-809E7BE7008C.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	223328  
LadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #176

I also use an auxiliary catalytic heater but opted for a longer hose that I put through the the floor in a location out of the way of the slide. Drilled a big enough hole to get the end through for the heater then filled hole with foam filler. Use a 5 gallon portable tank I can refill.
Don't run overnight anymore as the heaters do cause more moisture even with a vent open Some and cause water on Windows. Just run in evening then rely on furnace overnight that keeps plumbing ok then relight in am to just help take the chill off.
Can also use tank for propane fire pit
Old 10-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #177

Sunstar: hot water bypass for shower

Has anyone plumbed a hot water bypass (back to fresh water tank) for the shower? Looking for an access to do this as it takes .5 gal of flow before hot water reaches the shower. We've never run short of fresh water, but this seems like such a waste of a sometimes limited resource.
marc nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #178

jazzerjump

does the topper stay on the mattress without slipping off? How is the comfort?

katie and chuck
katielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:22 AM   #179

Mattress Topper

A 3” memory foam topper will stay in place easily when used in conjunction with a mattress cover. We purchased both from Costco (Iso-Cool). It makes a world of difference in comfort.
LadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #180

We use a mattress also. Had to trim the edges where they hit the wardrobe doors when the slide is in but does not affect the sleeping area or comfort.

We also added 150 watt solar panel and 30 amp controller along with a 1000 watt inverter/charger that is a four stage chargers. Triklstart handles starter battery charging. Inverter takes place of the converter that is disconnected but still behind electrical should I need to hook up if inverter should fail
Old 11-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #181

We love reading about the mods that people are doing to their rigs. We made several on our 2015 26HE, including moving the tv, replacing the radio, modding the bed.

But when we added up all the stuff we wanted in a coach, it added up to almost 10K. So at the end of the season, we popped for a 2019 27N. And what did we do just before it went into winter storage? Took down the wildly oversized 50 inch tv in favor of a smaller one. What is wrong with us?
Old 11-27-2018, 01:25 AM   #182

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelluge View Post
We love reading about the mods that people are doing to their rigs. We made several on our 2015 26HE, including moving the tv, replacing the radio, modding the bed.

But when we added up all the stuff we wanted in a coach, it added up to almost 10K. So at the end of the season, we popped for a 2019 27N. And what did we do just before it went into winter storage? Took down the wildly oversized 50 inch tv in favor of a smaller one. What is wrong with us?
I agree, What is wrong with you. Most of us would kill for a 50" TV. I changed out my 32" for a 39" TV. I know what you are thinking, NOT much of a difference, however, 7" is a huge difference.
Now the 35F's comes with a 39" TV.
I also put the 32" I took out of the living area and placed it in the bedroom in-place of the 20". WOW what a difference and guess what, now all of the 35F's come with a 32 in the bedroom.
I guess I should have waited 2 more years to purchase.