Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2005, 03:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have been reading in the WIT book about the Anti-Rock for Freightliner Chassis. Had anyone had this installed. The people at 3T says it will make a dramatic difference. Guess he would because he sells it. It might just be a new mouse trap.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have been reading in the WIT book about the Anti-Rock for Freightliner Chassis. Had anyone had this installed. The people at 3T says it will make a dramatic difference. Guess he would because he sells it. It might just be a new mouse trap.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

3-T does a lot of testing and devolopment with Winnebago and several manufactures and are a good company. Several years ago at GNR I took a test drive in a gas coach with the 3-T system and was impressed. I would believe what they told me.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

UPS: Regarding 3Ts products, I had their Handling Package installed on my coach. Before installation the coach handled a little loose, and swayed when passed or passing. The Handling Package tightened that all up. My wife enjoys driving now and regularly shares driving duty because the coach steers solid. A friend with a 36ft Journey just had the same kit installed and he noticed a big difference in handling. I have met Paul Smith, the owner, at a Winnebago rally and at his shop. He has been in the RV business for 30+years. His machine and welding shop in Lake Havasu is impressive. They design, test and make their own product. Paul's passion is RVing and he simply says, I designed the product, make the product and it works. For those with questions give them a call. Ask for Paul or Tina (800-223-1779) (3tsrv.com). Or send me a PM and I'll talk to you. Tell them Gary from CA says hello. Good luck
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Regarding the 3-Ts Anti-Rock: I just got back from 3-Ts (Lake Havasu AZ) on August 9th and had the Anti-Rock installed on our coach. The tech removed the rear shocks and I was suprised to see how weak the original equipment shocks were. He collasped the shocks with ease using his arms, and they did not rebound. The Anti-Rock kit includes heavy duty custom brackets that re-postion the top shock mount outwards and new heavy duty gas shocks are mounted. I noticed an immediate improvement. The 3-Ts machine shop is on the premise and is impressive.

On the way home a severe summer thunder storm swept over I-40 near Needles CA, my coach handled great with a combo of the Handling Package and Anti-Rock. Why not improve the safe handling of your coach, your wife may enjoy taking her turn driving like mine does! If anyone has questions any give them a call. Take care.....
Old 08-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Does 3T have a website? I can't seem to find one.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:39 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
http://www.3tsrv.com/ although there is not much detail there.

Sounds like the handling package might displace my TruCenter which I like a lot.

Overall this sounds like an application of well tuned shocks with better attack angles (new brackets). Some of the advantage could probably be had just with upgrading the shocks to gas Koni's.

Anyone willing to say what they spent on their upgrades?

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

VICSRYD: Regarding costs: the 3-Ts Handling Package and the Anti-Rock Package is about $900 installed out-the-door. I'm just a Winnebago/Itasca owner and 3-Ts end user that is impressed with a great product. Give Tina a call 800-223-1779. Take care
Old 08-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Jon & Vici, thanks for the web site. I agree, the package looks like new and improved shocks and a steering shock. I like my TruCenter, but I could probably use some better shocks.

Robert
Old 08-15-2005, 11:41 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I have installed safety Plus on the front. Great improvement. Talked with 3T and he said I can still use there rear anti-Rock shocks on the rear. Guess I will be ordering them. Thanks.