Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #1

Tank sensors

I have a 05 Vectra with the tank sensors that do not go through the tank and the black tank shows 1/3 full after I dump. It has been that way since I purchased (used) the coach. How can I determine if the sensor is bad and can I just get a new sensor and place it by the old one?
madred is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I'd check the wires on the sensor pad. Do you know if your monitor center can be calibrated? Some have a small hole to insert a jeweler's screwdriver to adjust, others have other methods to reset them. Check on the Winnebago website and see if they are adjustable.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't think there is anything wrong with your system.
I have the same TrueLevel sensor system on mine.
The black tank has shown full since a few months after I had the system installed at the factory a few months after I bought the motor home new in 2004.
Wet crud can build up on the tank walls enough to fool the sensor.
I have pressure washed the inside of my black tank twice over the years and after a few months it starts showing full again.

The gray tank has shown 2/3 full when empty for years. Then when we started snowbirding last summer, for the first time we were not in the motor home for six months or so.
The crud dried up and most came off the gray tank walls and flushed out the first time I dumped it. The gray tank is reading properly now and has since November. The black tank started out reading 2/3 full and after a couple of weeks started reading full again.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a '05 Vectra 40FD. Traded in May. First, I would put about 30 to 40 gal of very hot water in the tank with a couple of cups of dishwashing power and go for a long ride on roads that will cause the solution to slosh around a bunch. Let it stand over night and do a drain and flush. See if the gauges clear. Repeat the process but use more hot water and dish power. Again, let it all stand for a day or two after the ride. Drain again, sani-flushing as you do.

If this doesn't work you may have to get a plumber to spray acid into the tank, aiming for the walls.

If you do get the gauges working, use about a cup of dishwasher power with enzymes after each dump. I think mixing it with hot water first may keep it from lumping. I am doing this. My gauges on this coach are working fine. I add backing soda to control odors.

Happy trails,
Rick
Old 02-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bath salts with hot water work real well also. You can also put about 10-20ls of Ice cubes in there when empty and take it for a ride. This will also help knock the crude off the side walls.
you may want to find someone with one of those little snake cameras and see if they can get a good look inside the take. You would be amazed at what's actually in there.

Tags
tank