Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Tepid Hot water in Bath vanity

In a 2013 Sightseer 33C has anyone else experienced tepid Hot water at the bath vanity? Galley sink and shower temperature is fine. The bath vanity however only gets luke warm water at best, the water pressure at this sink also seems low on both cold and hot. I didn't see any shut off valves like one has in a home so I a at a bit off a loss where to lokk for the problem.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Bill 596
Bill596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Would it possibly have a temperature regulating/mixing valve in the hot water line? I know these are mandatory for new stixNbrix homes in some states to reduce the chance of children getting burned/scalded while washing.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I don't know is this is pertinent or not ... but once when working on a single lever faucet in my stick house ... I re-assembled it incorrectly ... and result was that although the lever moved correctly the "guts" were not moving correctly and I only got "warm" water from the faucet.

So, if you have sufficiently hot water at other outlets, and the flow is okay then you might check to see if the internals of your faucet is assembled correctly. And along that same line if some part is worn so that it does rotate properly internally it may not be positioning for HOT water
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

As to "Low Water Pressure" remove the faucets screen and ensure that there's not debris there. As to the tepid temps, I know that if the outside shower knobs are turned on, and the shower head closed so no water comes out the shower head, this can sometimes mess with your water temps.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Look under the cabinet to see what size and type water lines you have coming to the faucet. The vanity faucet in our 2013 Adventurer has much smaller lines running to it than any other faucets. Everything except this faucet is plumbed with 1/2" PEX. For some reason the vanity faucet is much smaller (1/4" ID I believe). The 1/2" PEX comes into the cabinet, but is then reduced to a smaller size.

I can't see the connections to the faucet itself, but when it gets a little warmer outside I plan to do a little more thorough checking and replace the faucet or change the tubing if necessary.

Also check to see that the PEX tubing for the hot water feed isn't kinked. If someone cut the line too long they may have kinked it when attempting to attach it to the faucet.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

If the outside shower wand is off but the two faucets are on, that can allow a cold water cross feed that can cause the symptom of tepid water you describe. In my case the kitchen sink was not affected but the shower and bathroom sink were.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Look for kinked pex lines going to the lavy. Maybe hot line is kinked more than the cold.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Do the simple stuff first like check that both the outside and inside showers are fully turned off at the valve and not just the shower head. There could also be debris caught in the faucet or misaligned seals preventing the hot water from flowing too which you may find by removing the cartridge/stems and cleaning them.

If you are still under warranty the simple solution may be to let the dealer take care of it but then again lately I have not been that impressed with the service staff at the dealership where I bought mine.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
If the outside shower wand is off but the two faucets are on, that can allow a cold water cross feed that can cause the symptom of tepid water you describe. In my case the kitchen sink was not affected but the shower and bathroom sink were.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:19 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thank you to all who responded to my query on the low flow and tepid water temp. It took me a while but all is well. I was too impatient to wait with water flowing to let it get hot. Run it long enough and it's as hot as any other faucet. Second the risers for that faucet are 3/8 inch ID PEX which has about a 1/4 inch opening so a very low flow rate. You run about 1/2 a gallon or more to get hot water. It does take a while. No kinks, clean faucet screens, it's just the way the designers planned. Small sink, apparent low pressure with the small volume risers so you don't splash all over. Low volume takes a while to get hot water to the faucet.
Thanks again for all the help and pointers.
Bill596 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water