Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Tire Pressure Monitor

Do new RVs come with TPM systems. We have a 2018 Winnebago Vista 31 BE. I haven't found anything in the owner's manuals about this. If I have to buy one, what brands or stores would y'all suggest? And cost expectation?

Thank you ever so much,

PT
Turnerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2017, 02:15 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We use the Tire Safegard brand and like it. It is configurable, expandable, and has replaceable batteries. The six tire system is ~$279 at Amazon. This is for the non-flow through sensors. Flow through sensor system is a little more expensive.
JohnandRenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #3

We have the TST brand and have used them for about three years now, so far they have worked great with NO problems! I have on each of the four 5ver tires and I've order them for the truck also.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #4

You will find several people will support the one they have I have a Eez Tire have had no issue for the year I have owned it very easy to set up after reading all the reviews on ok e this is the one I preferred I would recommend you buy one ASAP before you travels welcome and good luck
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #5

I too use the EEZ Tire. It has worked flawless so for the few months that I have had it. I like it because it's simple to program and simple to set the alerts and alarms. I also like it because it's fairly large and easy to read. It monitors pressure and temperature. A quick glance and you can see exactly whats going on with your tires.

I have mine mounted to the left of the drivers console. This picture shows a view from almost the same location the driver would be viewing from.

AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought the tireminder brand. Only twice have I had an errant reading but it was so high I knew it was a mess up. It read 215 psi for about ten seconds before it corrected itself. I thought about calling the manufacturer but never did.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #7

We have the TST brand also. I believe the 507 but they are the flow through ones so you can air up tires without removing sensors. Paid $275 at Quartzite tent show last year which matched any price I saw on internet. Love them. Easy to install and program to each tire. Had to install different stem extenders to get them where I wanted them. It is great to just plug in the display and check tire pressure before leaving a site!!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #8

Eez....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know of a Winnebago that comes with TPMS installed - there are other brands (usually very high-priced rigs) that they are standard on. We use TST non-flow thrus - love them.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
TST was a 9 month disaster for me. Different system now. I have used Tire Traker for 7 years now with great success. Sensors are lighter & smaller that other screw -ons. They have an updated system now with with a very nice new monitor AND the only lifetime warranty in the industry. A nice plus is that Tire Traker is normally priced a little better than the others.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #11

The TST brand seems to be the most popular , I replaced another brand with the TST and it works great.
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
TST was a 9 month disaster for me. Different system now. I have used Tire Traker for 7 years now with great success. Sensors are lighter & smaller that other screw -ons. They have an updated system now with with a very nice new monitor AND the only lifetime warranty in the industry. A nice plus is that Tire Traker is normally priced a little better than the others.
Gotta add my endorsement for Tire Traker.
It works great, lifetime warranty, and you can replace the batteries yourself so you don't have to send the sensors back to the vendor for replacements.
I have the regular sensors, not the flow through. I remove them when parked for awhile to save the batteries and because I manually verify pressures before each trip anyway.
I did reverse the valve stems on the outer rears so I have easier access to the caps/sensors.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
I too use the EEZ Tire. It has worked flawless so for the few months that I have had it. I like it because it's simple to program and simple to set the alerts and alarms. I also like it because it's fairly large and easy to read. It monitors pressure and temperature. A quick glance and you can see exactly whats going on with your tires.

I have mine mounted to the left of the drivers console. This picture shows a view from almost the same location the driver would be viewing from.

+1 on EezRV. Best I've had.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdyson View Post
+1 on EezRV. Best I've had.
Eeztire for me

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure