Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Like the gentleman below, I need a larger toilet. A longer bowl and one that sits higher to be comfortable away from home, has anyone done this retrofit in the Adventurer or Suncruiser, or any Winnie, and how were the results? I have done the searches but no joy, come on, someone out there must of had it with these compact commodes!

"I'm not exactly small, but I can live with the shower in our Sightseer. However, the toilet is something else. The sheer distance from the back to the front is several inches too small for me to sit on comfortably and have both, ahem, items of plumbing work comfortably - if you know what I mean. I'd vote for a more standard size toilet before changing out the shower. Even 5" would be a significant help!"
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Like the gentleman below, I need a larger toilet. A longer bowl and one that sits higher to be comfortable away from home, has anyone done this retrofit in the Adventurer or Suncruiser, or any Winnie, and how were the results? I have done the searches but no joy, come on, someone out there must of had it with these compact commodes!

"I'm not exactly small, but I can live with the shower in our Sightseer. However, the toilet is something else. The sheer distance from the back to the front is several inches too small for me to sit on comfortably and have both, ahem, items of plumbing work comfortably - if you know what I mean. I'd vote for a more standard size toilet before changing out the shower. Even 5" would be a significant help!"
Old 08-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
GG1
Winnie-Wise

It would be best to try these things out, not actually use,(dry fit)before you purchase. Toilet, shower, kitchen table bed etc.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Wow....Sorry to be off topic just a bit, but I have a 2000 Adventurer 37G, and our toilet is HUGE! Granted, I'm only 5'2", but I can't even reach the floor upon sitting. We have a SeaLand (manual says it's made of "fine China" lol) and hubby loves it (he used to gripe about our plastic, portable-sized commode when we had our Class C). This SeaLand is certainly larger (height and front to back)than our house commodes. I guess I was surprised to hear that yours is so small. I hope you find something else that you like better and that someone here can advise you on replacing the tiny pot.

~Lori
Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I'm amazed. We, too, have a 2000 Adventurer 37G. And I would have to describe the commode as "tiny." Seems like less than half the size of our home models. (That may be a bit of an exageration.) But it's definitely smaller than any thing else we've had.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I replaced the existing toilet in the Adventurer with a Thetford Aqua Magic styleII. It has a China (Porcelain) bowel and it is (I think) about an inch and a half taller. Maby its just me but it seems that the bowel and seat are a bit bigger too.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

If you go to this SITE
you can download a chart that shows which toilets replace the one you have. It gives the dimensions of the various models and indicates which ones are direct replacements. Some are high profile models.
Sealand and Thetford are both in the chart.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all. This information will go towards me making a decision to full time or not in this unit. Lot's of things to think about
Old 08-27-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Greg,

I made a little footstool for my too high commode. Got a 4' piece of 1" X 4" and cut off a foot. Made two 6" legs and screwed them to the remaining 3'. Worked like a charm.

Commode size is one of the things I check when looking at RVs. If it is too small and there is no way to put a larger one in due to space, I write that particular unit off.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Greg,

Sorry, I misread your post. Yours is too low. The above solution for Doula.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Sometimes you just can't "multitask". Do "1" then "2" (or vice versa)

I'm sorry, I just could not resist but I am sympathetic to the issue!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Chippysgt, I got what you were trying to say, and it is a good idea for the toilet challenged
Old 08-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

They make a 3" riser that the toilet fits on top of. I had one installed on my old (1 week old) 5er, but had to remove it because DW's feet did not touch the floor when she was using it. I had the Seland 510 repace the 210. They come in different heights.

As for bowl size, I sympathize as I know the boys don't like being cramped like that. They complain every time I take them swimming.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FDchief:
Chippysgt, I got what you were trying to say, and it is a good idea for the toilet challenged </div></BLOCKQUOTE>"the toilet challenged"

Chippysgt: Thanks for the tip! It's not that bad, though. I don't mind it.

I haven't taken the time to see which SeaLand commode we have. Maybe we have one of the larger ones? We bought our coach a year ago, and the other owner may have ordered one of the taller models (it does look like there just could be a riser at the bottom). Seriously, folks, hubby is very happy with the bowl size as well, and he's not a small guy (5'11", 235 lbs). Of course, it had never occurred to me to ask him whether or not he multi-tasks! The potty room is a bit small for me to know for sure.

~Lori
Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

We the toilet challenged men of the RV world should unite and demand bigger facilities for our personal moments.

Let's hear it men - MFBB - MFBB - MFBB!!!

(Men For Bigger Bowls)

We've got to face this problem once and for all. If the democrats can make peace we can at least expect bigger bowls.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocket Heart:
We the toilet challenged men of the RV world should unite and demand bigger facilities for our personal moments.

Let's hear it men - MFBB - MFBB - MFBB!!!

(Men For Bigger Bowls)

We've got to face this problem once and for all. If the democrats can make peace we can at least expect bigger bowls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

~Lori
Old 08-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FDchief:

"I'm not exactly small, but I can live with the shower in our Sightseer. However, the toilet is something else. The sheer distance from the back to the front is several inches too small for me to sit on comfortably and have both, ahem, items of plumbing work comfortably - if you know what I mean. I'd vote for a more standard size toilet before changing out the shower. Even 5" would be a significant help!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I replaced the one in my 95 Vectra with this one:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/aqua-magic-st...h-profile-bone/27875

The clincher was the advertised "Comfortable, full-size residential seat and a taller, 17 1/2"H seat height".

On my current coach I am tempted to do the same despite how it will cramp the area in front of the sink.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Codgerbill,
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Porcelain BOWELS and larger BOWELS. I could use both.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

NeilV, that is the same toilet I have been eyeing. It looks like the one. I have the Thetford Aurora now.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #20
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChasA:
Codgerbill,
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Porcelain BOWELS and larger BOWELS. I could use both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just spent the last couple minutes chuckling and even laughed out loud. You guys are too funny!
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote