Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Touch Pad Keyless Entry

Anyone else having problems with their touch pad keyless entry? My coach is at the dealer getting it fixed right now. My remotes work just fine, but the touch pad ... not so much. It worked when I first got the coach, a few months later it stopped working.

Jim

2009 Vectra 40WD
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2009, 06:02 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Jim,
Let us know how you make out with this item. They replaced mine three times. I finally gave up. I really enjoyed using it but they always broke.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Through experience I have found that there are some rules to using the panel. First, make sure you firmly press each number. Second, do not get in a hurry when entering numbers, the unit gets confused. If it does not work the first time count to 10 and try again. If it did not unlock the first time you need to wait until the panel lights go out. I know, that is difficult in the daytime. Counting to 10 helps. The lights going out indicates that the panel is ready for another try. The panel does not like rapidly entered numbers or long strings. For example, if you have a four digit code and it doesn't work the first time and you then quickly reenter the number (before the lights go out) the unit sees that as an eight digit number. If I am unsure as to whether or not my panel is working I wait until dark to try it so that I can see if it lights up when I press the numbers. No lights, no power. You can do a reset on the panel by unplugging it. At each end of the panel there are removable covers that slide sideways. I recommend a small screwdriver as a pry tool. Behind those covers are two screws removal of which will remove the panel. If you pull out the wire you will find in in-line plug. Unplug the unit for 30-60 seconds and the plug it back in. The panel should start working. If not, you have problems elsewhere, such as in the control unit. It took me two weeks and two visits to the dealership to learn all of these rules. I did all of my experiementation in the garage with the garage lights out so I could see what the panel lights were doing.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Someone on another thread suggested to take unit off mounting and use a eraser over contacts both the mount and rear of touch pad, did work on electronic circuit boards in my other life. The change of weather, dampness, heat can cause corrosion buildup. You could use a contact cleaner also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote