Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #1

DW and I just got back from a 4,500 mile road trip. All the way from SE Alaska to Rushmore and return with a couple of side trips. Mountain passes and all. No major issues. Had a great time getting off of the rock!

For the entire trip fuel mileage averaged 9.345, and thrown in with that was approximately 16 hours of generator run time. We probably did drive slower than most everyone else, but hey, we were on vacation!

Still haven't figured out an issue with lack of water pressure to the outside shower, but I haven't had much time to devote to working on that issue...

Great trip, has us looking forward to next time!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #2

DW and I just got back from a 4,500 mile road trip. All the way from SE Alaska to Rushmore and return with a couple of side trips. Mountain passes and all. No major issues. Had a great time getting off of the rock!

For the entire trip fuel mileage averaged 9.345, and thrown in with that was approximately 16 hours of generator run time. We probably did drive slower than most everyone else, but hey, we were on vacation!

Still haven't figured out an issue with lack of water pressure to the outside shower, but I haven't had much time to devote to working on that issue...

Great trip, has us looking forward to next time!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #3

ktnhog~ sounds like you had a great trip, the Outlook is a nice RV. As far as the o/s shower pressure you might want to take the hose off the shower head and look for debris in the form of plastic shavings.
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 AM   #4

Good for ya'! You Alaskans go south, and us lower 48ers go north

I was really cheesed off when I discovered they charged for parking at Rushmore. I revolted and we contented ourselves with taking a picture of it from the highway.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
John - if you thought Mt. Rushmore was bad you should have gone to the Crazy Horse exhibit - talk about a rip off! Not only did they charge an outlandish amount to park - there really wasn't anything worth seeing!!

Was there this summer and on to Yellowstone - also an expensive place to visit.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #6

We went to Crazy Horse 15 years ago. It has become nothing more than a tourist trap - the dream and development died with the founder. The family has evidently decided to live off the legend and move a few rocks around every month or two.

What insulted me at Rushmore is that is a private development, now. They refuse to accept anything other than cash - my disability pass was sneered at.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote