Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2007, 02:58 AM   #1

It's been a bad spring finding things wrong with my Adventurer! I"¯ve been watching this forum to see what's been breaking on the Adventurer & the W22. First my 5.7 Sureflow pump gets a leak. Over a month out of warranty, I call Sureflow for the part, it's no longer made! BUT they will send me a new pump under warranty! Great company! I have been checking the hood latches ever since I read about the glue not holding. One was loose after my trip back from AZ. There was something wrong with the glue Winnebago used because it felt more like caulk rather then glue! I have an appointment at a body shop to fix it right this time!! Greasing the drive shaft I find the front clip on one of the rear springs broke. I do a search on the Workhorse forum & find that this has happen to others! I call Workhorse knowing I am out of warranty by 1 1/2 months. They don't even have me as having a Workhorse chassis but I do have a recall(ABS light) that isn't done! I can drive the coach 90 miles & leave it sit for days while the dash is sent in. The best I hear is " Sorry for any inconvenience !"¯ My advice is to check the forums on things going wrong on other people's coaches & checking yours before the warranty expires! I would have to give Workhorse a thumbs down for customer service per my last few phone calls to them!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2007, 02:58 AM   #2

It's been a bad spring finding things wrong with my Adventurer! I"¯ve been watching this forum to see what's been breaking on the Adventurer & the W22. First my 5.7 Sureflow pump gets a leak. Over a month out of warranty, I call Sureflow for the part, it's no longer made! BUT they will send me a new pump under warranty! Great company! I have been checking the hood latches ever since I read about the glue not holding. One was loose after my trip back from AZ. There was something wrong with the glue Winnebago used because it felt more like caulk rather then glue! I have an appointment at a body shop to fix it right this time!! Greasing the drive shaft I find the front clip on one of the rear springs broke. I do a search on the Workhorse forum & find that this has happen to others! I call Workhorse knowing I am out of warranty by 1 1/2 months. They don't even have me as having a Workhorse chassis but I do have a recall(ABS light) that isn't done! I can drive the coach 90 miles & leave it sit for days while the dash is sent in. The best I hear is " Sorry for any inconvenience !"¯ My advice is to check the forums on things going wrong on other people's coaches & checking yours before the warranty expires! I would have to give Workhorse a thumbs down for customer service per my last few phone calls to them!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:35 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave from MN:
They don't even have me as having a Workhorse chassis but I do have a recall (ABS light) that isn't done! I can drive the coach 90 miles & leave it sit for days while the dash is sent in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There might be an alternative although it's a bit of a PITA. We live in our coach and I hate to take it in for work, so I removed the IP myself, took it to the dealer about nine o'clock in the morning. He took the mileage I gave him, called it in and Actia next day aired one to him that I picked up the next afternoon.

It's not too difficult to remove the IP. There were some connectors that were tough to disconnect and I had to remove some push out rocker switches on the dash to get enough slack wire to get them loose.

Also some dealers have a laptop computer program and cable that they can use to re-flash the IP.

In my case the IP display went flakey and the display had to be returned anyway. The new IP had the ABS work already taken care of.

Each time I do a grease job I keep checking the hood hinges and spring clips and I look for anything else out of whack, but cross my fingers and knock on wood, so far it seems to be okay.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:53 AM   #4

Dave, like Clay, I called around and found a Workhorse Dealer that had the laptop to upload the software change. It took them less than 30 minutes.
Some Dealers have the laptop while others don't and have to send the unit to Workhorse.