Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

TV Antenna

We have a 2017 Suncruiser 37F. Has the Driftwood interior which is awesome. With the exception of the on demand water heater, which we finally replaced with the standard unit, we have been extremely happy.

We had the Winegard traveler installed and use Direct TV which is great. On our last trip I tried to use the antenna for over-the-air and could not get a picture. It worked at delivery, but have not used since we had the satellite installed. Guessing something got disconnected. When I go to the source on the TV for antenna channel programming no channels are detected. The amp is on. On the two coax connector plates above the matrix box there are two out to antenna coax connectors with nothing connected. Pretty sure there has to be, but I can't see a loose coax or determine where one should go. Any ideas?
Will Parish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My coach came for the factory with an A/B/C switch for input to the TV. It did not come with a sat option, just Ant, Cable, VCR.

So...... it could be you only have a 3 way input on your switcher and the sat ant installer disconnected the ant and put the sat input there. Find the inputs for the switcher and I suspect there is where you will find your ant cable floating loose.

I have one of these for doing cable wiring and identifying leads.

If not in your wheelhouse you can always go back to the installer.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Depending on your actual setup, you need to ensure that the over the air antenna power is on, light come on. Then select on the selection box, if you have one, antenna or air. Then on the TV select the air or antenna input, only if you do not have a switch box prior to the TV that selected the input, then perform a channel search or program on the TV.

But when in doubt, break out the Owners Manual and follow the procedure in it. I bet it will get you thru it better then we can
Old 03-14-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post

But when in doubt, break out the Owners Manual and follow the procedure in it. I bet it will get you thru it better then we can
Spoken like a true sailor
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Will Parish, the coax for the OTA atenna goes directlly from the spllitter to the TV input. It is the coax with the Brown Band.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2017/000209699.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

You have a matrix box. Turn it off for OTA TV. Then make sure your amp is on and scan channels.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Also that your set is set to antenna for the scan. Assume you have done that. Yours is a King antenna I also assume and you have turned it on and see the blue lights and have rotated for best signal using the rotation and actuator.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna