Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 12:58 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to cdaveygo
TV in Winne

Hello all,

I haven't posted in here in quite sometime but I was hoping I could get some help. I have a 2010 Winnebago Chalet (Rental purchase from Camping World). Everything is pretty good with it as we have been making upgrades here and there. I have two issues that are rather bothersome and was hoping for some help.

1. It seems no matter how many times I rinse my black tank or use various products to keep it from smelling the coach it still does. I have the originally installed Sewer Vent and I am wondering if I am getting some of that smell through refrigerator vent or other vents on top of RV. Do one of those 360 vent things or the one with the fan really make a difference?

2. We have a 12v TV that we want the kids to be able to watch from the kitchenette while we are driving. No matter what I do the thing won't work. I have heard there is a fuse or relay that can be modified to allow this to happen. In addition to that has anyone done any modifications that allow the TV to come through the rear speakers while the stereo speakers are played up front?

3. The final question is that the 120v (I know I said 2) only works when we are on generator or hooked up to shore power. I was wondering if anyone has a clever solution for having a single plug (again in the kitchenette) work?

Thanks and I am looking forward to the Help.

Thanks,

Dave Alton Jr.
cdaveygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Is the TV the one that came installed or one you have added? The installed TV might have an interlock that prevents it from operating when driving because it's in the driver's view.

If the TV is not within the driver's view, it would be legal to operate. If it's a 12 v TV, you could install a 12 v outlet to power it. Don't piggy-back the 12v from a light circuit, run a dedicated wire from the fuse block with a fuse in the wire to the outlet. The ground can be connected to any grounded part of the RV.

I added speakers under the dashboard in front of our RV and installed a DPDT switch on the dashboard that cuts out the rear speakers and sends the sound to the dash speakers. You could do a similar wiring job for what you propose. The TV audio might not be powerful enough to power the roof speakers, you might have to wire a small amplifier into the audio out of the TV.

To power an outlet in the kitchen for 120 v AC you'll need an inverter. They change 12v DC to 120 v AC. What do you wish to power? If it's the microwave, coffee maker, toaster, or other high wattage item it will require a permanently wired properly sized inverter. If it's just a phone charger or the like a smaller inverter than can be plugged in a 12v power outlet can do the job.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote