Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

As previously posted, I had a winterization valve that was leaking water on my 03 39WD Journey. I tried to tighted the 4 screws on the valve body, but that didn't work. Called Carpenter's Campers in Pensacola, Florida and they scheduled me in on short notice the following day. They replaced the valve with a manual 3-way fitting and charged me $89.01. My Service Director was Jerry Walters. Am I happy, you bet I am!!

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

As previously posted, I had a winterization valve that was leaking water on my 03 39WD Journey. I tried to tighted the 4 screws on the valve body, but that didn't work. Called Carpenter's Campers in Pensacola, Florida and they scheduled me in on short notice the following day. They replaced the valve with a manual 3-way fitting and charged me $89.01. My Service Director was Jerry Walters. Am I happy, you bet I am!!

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Old 09-20-2005, 08:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Frog Driver,

Great price on switching out the winterization valve. That will be my next action if mine start leaking again. Manual is the way to go.

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Frog Driver and Rick Buddrus,

I have had this problem with the winterization
valve on our 03 Journey several times. We are on the third valve now,and that is leaking. I was able to have CW in Kissimmee by-pass it so we could continue to stay in Tropical Palms.
I would like to replace it as you have with a manual 3-way. If it is enclosed as mine is how are you able to operate the valve?
I guess the most important thing is to get rid of the problem.
Thanks, Jake
Old 09-21-2005, 09:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Jake,

Frog Driver is going to have to answer this one, I am still with valves. It is a good question though considering the physical location of the valves.

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Leaking Winterizer Valves can cause more then just a leaking problem, Winnebago's quality engineering didn't read Xantrex's installion instructions very well. Because it states," DO Not mount the Inverter/Charger unit where it is subjected to moisture or water."
It just so happens, the water compartment service bay is home to the infamous winterizer valves, water pump, electrical power cord, electrical Transfer switch and the Inverter/Charger. Thats real clever isn't it? Water and electric, and electronic equipment all in the same compartment; what code did they follow to allow them do that?
Now, when your Inverter/Charger shorts out, try explaining that to Xantrex. No way are they going to warranty that installation. I know this problem too well.
Been there done that.

Radarr
Old 09-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

As I understand it, I will not need to use the manual valve if don't try to winterizing my coach. If I ever need to use the valve, it has a manual lever that can be accessed by taking the metal panel off. Not the best soltion if you live in the Northern US. Sorry about the late post. I have been dealing with insurance adjusters and cleanup from Katrina. I was very lucky. My house in Slidell, LA escaped major damage.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Old 09-26-2005, 03:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Been having the same problem with our '03 Journey. Right now it is temporarily bypassed but looks like I'll be doing a 3 way valve soon. Chaps me that our local stealer, I mean dealer just went on selling me valves until we depleted his stock (2 of them)
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frog Driver:
As I understand it, I will not need to use the manual valve if don't try to winterizing my coach. If I ever need to use the valve, it has a manual lever that can be accessed by taking the metal panel off. Not the best soltion if you live in the Northern US. Sorry about the late post. I have been dealing with insurance adjusters and cleanup from Katrina. I was very lucky. My house in Slidell, LA escaped major damage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Well frog driver that's great news seeing all the devestation thats been shown down there. I'm agreeing with raddar as to the installation of these plumbing and elecrical componants. Just where are there heads.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote