Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Updating monitor and camera to color

I have a 2006 journey with a Voyager VOM-735NWIN monitor that I want to update with a color version. The Voyager folks told me an AOM713 monitor and a VCMS-17B camera would work if I used 2 OCA85E adaperson (to go from rectangle to round connector.

Has anyone used other than the above hardware to update their monitor/camera
jabassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #2

I replaced the obsolete Sony B/W system with a Voyager wireless color system.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #3

I had a B.W Voyager in our rv and switched to an LED color screen and color rear camera. Tim @ RVCams.com is who you should talk to. When I received the replacements it was basically a plug and play swap out. The new monitor came with all the adapters I needed for the existing wiring and the camera swap was just as quick.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #4

I just replaced mine with a color monitor and camera from Rear View Safety. I needed to use a couple adapter cables to utilize the existing cable. I had also looked into the new Voyager from RVCams, which was a nice package, but this was a bit cheaper. (plus additional 10% off during Thanksgiving weekend) Quality is good and I also like the Mirrorlink function of the new monitor so it will show what's on my cel phone, like navigation, on to the monitor screen so I can see it while driving.
Dive in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
updating monitor and camera to color

I took ThomB's info and used RV cams, Inc. to provide me with a plug and play unit to hook up to my three cameras on a 2006 36 ft journey. Went with AOM713 monitor and VCMS17B camera. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Thom, what trim did you use to give the monitor a finished look.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
I replaced ours with a Rear View Safety systems color unit. Camera, cable and monitor. I have some pictures poster under my user name in the members gallery in the photos section of this forum.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #8

Pictures please! I'm looking to do the same upgrade on my 07 Journey.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Don, go to the top of the page, click on photos, then click on members galleries, scroll down and enter FleetMan in the search box. One picture comes up, click on it and the others I posted on my project should come up. I modified the shell used by the OE monitor as a mount for the color monitor. At the time, I was unable to locate any cable adapters so I ran a new cable from the rear camera to the new monitor in the dash. I’d be glad to answer any questions you have about how I did my upgrade. Ron
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabassmaster View Post
Thom, what trim did you use to give the monitor a finished look.

I used the trim that came with the new monitor. It's about an inch larger than the monitor itself and alllllmost covers the entire hole that was there from the old tube monitor. I a wire coming out of the dash for a Sirius antenna so I mounted the monitor higher which left about 1/2 inch hole/ strip under the monitor that I ran that out of.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:59 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On my 02 I changed out the whole system and ran all new cables. Took about 2 hours because I took the time to run the cable under the MH in the cable tray and and properly secure it. I also need time to fabricate a new holder for the different monitor. Well worth the time and money.

Tags
camera, monitor