Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Video Camera Turn Signal Issue Fixed

Thought I would share my simple fix on a irritating video camera turn signal malfunction. Only with my headlights or parking lights on and the engine running did I have a problem with my video camera working properly. Normally my side cameras come on when the turn signal for that side is turned on. Then when the turn signal switch is returned to center the rear camera comes back on. Recently it would stay on my passenger side camera even with turn signal switch in the center position. There is a video camera switch behind the dash which is controlled by the turn signals. After much investigating I discovered it gets its signals from the front turn signal bulbs and not directly from the turn signal switch. What happens is when the turn signal filament goes bad in the dual filament turn signal bulb (one filament for turn signal and the other for parking lights) then some voltage in the parking filament bleeds back onto the turn signal circuit through the broken turn signal filament back to the video switch thereby causing that switch to keep the side camera on constantly. Simple fix! Replace the turn signal bulb!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #2

Excellent information, thanks for posting.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #3
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks would have never figured that out.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:42 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the same issue. I will check my running lights for the fix Thanks for the heads up on this!
markmiiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
gbs2320 Good find. The voltage feedback comes from the lower front side marker light. Winnebago wires the marker light across the parking light and the turn signal power wires so the lower front side market will flash with the turn signal.
We had a 03 Journey and the dash turn indicator would come on when the lights were turned on when the front turn signal lamp when out.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera