RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #15

Did you buy a 29VE? Ours is great once we got the rattles out and added the goodies its a great unit!

crrv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvetteSS View Post
So It looks to me that the Intent Table is behind the doghouse, it this where you mounted it? How does that interfere with getting in and out of the drivers seat? And is it still at a comfortable place to access while driving? Have any pics?
Yes, I installed it behind the engine cover. My primary interest was to have a comfortable to use table between the seats when they are turned around and used for watching TV. So it is on a low and removable pole. But I mounted the pole off center so I can use the table with most of it either forward or rearward. Itís narrow enough that I can get by with it in place but usually I have it removed and stowed when driving.

PetesMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #17

Yes, I also have a 29ve, and my biggest problem with the F53 Chassis is the lack of a place to let the driver set things down while driving. The doghouse plastic thing was too low, and not very usable for me. I think the cup holder is great (under the window) but where am I supposed to set down say a bag of M&Ms, or a hamburger? So that was my objective. We just used a TV table in front of the swiveled front seats. But it is always interesting to see what others are doing...
The other thing I fixed were the cup holders. I plugged all the holes in all of them throughout the camper. When a can of soda leaks, I want to liquid to stay in the cup holder, not drip on the floor or the wall.. But that was another story..
corvetteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Yes, I also have a 29ve, and my biggest problem with the F53 Chassis is the lack of a place to let the driver set things down while driving. The doghouse plastic thing was too low, and not very usable for me. I think the cup holder is great (under the window) but where am I supposed to set down say a bag of M&Ms, or a hamburger? So that was my objective. We just used a TV table in front of the swiveled front seats. But it is always interesting to see what others are doing...
The other thing I fixed were the cup holders. I plugged all the holes in all of them throughout the camper. When a can of soda leaks, I want to liquid to stay in the cup holder, not drip on the floor or the wall.. But that was another story..
That reminds me that my cup holder likes to come out with my water bottle. I need to find a way to keep it in place.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Finished the table on the dog house.
Now I can set down a sandwich, a map, or a bag of chips. Yea! Attachment 195176Attachment 195177
Nice work!
What screws or bolts did you use to mount it to the doghouse?
I would GUESS that you used bolts with screws and washers on the underside of the doghouse - is that right?
Notice any difference with heat/noise with the mount there (small holes, so I would assume not).
Old 03-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #20

The "wedge" is made of wood, and attached to the doghouse with 4 1/4-20 bolts, with fender washers on the motor side (between bolt head and fiberglass). The nuts are countersunk on the top side, using nylon nuts. The table base is attached to the wedge with 6 screws. I have only run the motor a few times so far this winter (in storage) and I notice no new noises. With how thick the dog house is (fiberglass) I really don't expect to much to change.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #21

Have you looked at the new this year Coachman Precision Pursuit 29SS, Pursuit 29SS Class A Motorhomes by Coachmen RV. I thought I wanted the Vista until I saw this. We just love all the storage in the bedroom. Very impressed with this new model.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:24 AM   #22

Looks a lot like a 29ve, but seems to be missing outside cargo storage areas. Bedroom storage seems about the same to me. 50 amp could be useful some times with the 2 AC units, and 5500 watt generator. Slightly different dimensions of interior components, dinette, couch, etc.. But looks like the biggest issue for me would be the shower is smaller. But I am a big guy, and that was really important to me.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #23

Table part number(s)

corvetteSS,
Do you have the part number(s) for the table and stand?

V/r,

Robert
ESPN II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:15 PM   #24

Hello,

I bought one of these:
ITC (81TL12-B-DB) SurFit Black 12" Table Leg

2 of these:
ITC (81TS1000-B-DB SurFit Black Table Leg and Base System

1 round table from Menards, Some stain to match the woodwork.
The tricky pary is making a wedge beneath the table, as the dog house is not level. But that is pretty much it.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:19 AM   #25

FMC2 Winnie Vista 29ve

Okay, so I have a 2017 Vista 29ve and would love to have some opinions on what Tow Package to pull a GMC Terrain is recommended. Am debating Blue Ox or Road Master with Falcon Terrain Bar but open for suggestions. Also, anyone know of a Winnebago Spec Sheet of the check points for winterizing/de winterizing the 29ve? Had it winterized for winter but, want to de winterize it myself and just learning. Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks!
FMC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #26

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the Roadmaster or Blue Ox products. Get what you like and can afford. Most important is the choice of vehicles to tow and the brake system you choose for it. FWIW I will be towing a 2014 Ford Focus with a Blue Ox base plate and a Blue Px Ascent tow bar. I will be using a SMI Stay n play brake system because it is one of the few proportional systems and I want a “permanently “ installed system. I am going to need a 6 inch high/low adapter for my set up.

PetesMH is offline   Reply With Quote