Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2018, 08:35 AM   #1

Vista 36Y Coleman Thermostats - Power Source ?

2015 Vista 36Y - experienced loss of all A/C, heat, and furnace control. Trouble shot and found both thermostats to have no power. So it appeared that we had a 12 volt issue to both thermostat controls. Checked forum and none of suggestions helped. Called Good Sam - technician walked me through various scenarios, no joy. I then contacted Winnebago for technical help. 45 minutes latter there was no logical explanation and representative sent me every schematic, but could not find anywhere that a common power source was responsible for operation of both thermostats. He suggested a possible 12v relay issue up on the roof in heat pump/ forward A/C unit. No real fix available and it was noted that we need to take coach in to dealer.
Whole thing didn't make sense to me - i was sure that there must a fuse or circuit breaker somewhere that powered both thermostats. Rechecking diagrams and schematics where of no help that Winnebago sent.
So - back to square one - I started turning on and off every switch and pulling breakers for all the 12 volt systems. I finally found that super fan in living room was inoperative and bathroom fan. Checked 12 volt panel and found a 15 amp breaker labeled "front furnace/exhaust fan'. It was not tripped. Took panel apart and found that circuit breaker loose. Wiggled it and power came back to both thermostats and fans. Breaker is screwed into a metal bar that not only secures it,but goes to ground wires of coach. Screw was cross threaded and loose, resulting in a bad ground connection. Replaced screw and fastened properly - ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED!
No help at all from Winnebago, who cant figure out how/who wired the system. So much commanality and standard wiring diagrams.

CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS
2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y blue oxing a 2007 Honda CRV
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #2

Well done on the continued troubleshooting and resolution! It’s too bad that no one could help or give worthwhile suggestions.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #3

Nice work man. Way to keep hounding the problem and not give up.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, coleman, thermostat