Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Vista LX. vs. Adventurer

In the research phase for our first MH and found a floor plan we like, the 35F. Both the Vista LX & Adventurer have it but I’m having a hard time figuring out the the difference between the two models. Is there an easy way to do this and I’m I just missing it? I didn’t see a comparison on the Winnebago website and the brochures aren’t much help. I can’t help but think, or at least hope, there is some sort of comparison chart on the different models.

If you own one of these models, please let me know your thoughts on them and whether or not it would make a good first MH.

TIA
MidMichHunte is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2019, 06:07 PM   #2

We have a 2015 Vista 35F. It is our very first RV and bought new. We chose the Vista 35F because we felt it was a good balance between amenities, floor plan and price point.

This RV made us love RVing to the point, we will be upgrading to a DP within the next few years.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #3

My understanding is that the new Adventurer is the same as the LX line with full paint standard. If you go to the Winnebago website, the LX is limited to dealer stock only.

All the Adventurer pics I’ve seen appear to be identical to my 2019 LX 27N. So, if you don’t want to pay for the full paint, look for an LX on a dealer lot.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelluge View Post
My understanding is that the new Adventurer is the same as the LX line with full paint standard. If you go to the Winnebago website, the LX is limited to dealer stock only.

All the Adventurer pics I’ve seen appear to be identical to my 2019 LX 27N. So, if you don’t want to pay for the full paint, look for an LX on a dealer lot.
All the LX'es I've seen had full paint. I always thought it was part of the LX package. I learn something new every day.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:04 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OK I haven't seen one of the NEW Adventure's as of yet, but if they stick to previous Adventure's they were the top of the line gas models. They had upgraded everything; however from what the brochure shows they look like just a renamed LX.
So if I were you, I would try to find an Adventure to see if it actually lives up to the Top of the Line name that it used to be.
FYI the order was Vista, Sightseer, Adventure or Sunstar, Sunova, Suncruiser
Old 04-22-2019, 06:24 AM   #6

Vista vs. Adventurer

There used to be significant upgrades in the Adventurer model (we had am Adventurer 33V several years ago). When we shopped our current coach, we felt the new Adventurer and Sightseer models were essentially exactly the same. The main difference with the Vista model, is the lack of full body paint.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:41 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric n Karen View Post
There used to be significant upgrades in the Adventurer model (we had am Adventurer 33V several years ago). When we shopped our current coach, we felt the new Adventurer and Sightseer models were essentially exactly the same. The main difference with the Vista model, is the lack of full body paint.
Well , that's not exactly true. I have Full Body paint, so no difference.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:45 AM   #8

The Point

That's the point I was making. The Adventurer and Sightseer models have been collapsed together, and are now the new Adventurer, and the Vista is almost identical, less the full body paint. If you add the full body paint to the Vista, you have basically the same package as the Adventurer, with maybe a few minor trim variations.

The min reasons we went with the Sightseer were because of the floorplan of the 36Z (Bath and a half, my wife wanted a washer/dryer and I didn't want it in my side of the closet, and the flooring is tile as opposed to sheet vinyl).
Old 04-23-2019, 05:25 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ok, I’m not missing things; there seems to be little difference between the two In terms of performance/structure. The differences are more trim and paint related. Maybe I’m making it harder than it is, I just figured there would be more of a difference.
MidMichHunte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMichHunte View Post
Ok, I’m not missing things; there seems to be little difference between the two In terms of performance/structure. The differences are more trim and paint related. Maybe I’m making it harder than it is, I just figured there would be more of a difference.
If you really want to know the differences between the two give Winnebago a call. They have lists outlining the differences. They may all have a furnace, range, television, and microwave, but there are considerable differences between the brands and models included in the different level coaches. I find it more than hard to believe they are the same since there is nearly a $20,000.00 difference in the MSRP. Either that's some mighty expensive paint, or there's a lot more differences than a paint job.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric n Karen View Post
That's the point I was making. The Adventurer and Sightseer models have been collapsed together,
That's pretty sad.
In 2006, the model year Sightseer we own - it was the entry level coach. Compared to other brands we shopped for the same vintage, it was better appointed. The Adventurer was the top-of-the-line model, and it was spectacular (in 2006, DP quality with gas engine).
Now, the standard offerings seem to have become fewer, and the prices remain the same. The Sightseer has moved up to just above mid-point without any new amenities being offered.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:22 AM   #12

Look at the 38Q. I have a 2015 available.
Primetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMichHunte View Post
Both the Vista LX & Adventurer have it but I’m having a hard time figuring out the the difference between the two models.

If you own one of these models, please let me know your thoughts on them and whether or not it would make a good first MH. TIA
Ok so I went to the Winnie website and compared even the spec sheets of both of these and I see NO difference. I see what you mean. It could full body paint, materials used in cabinetry or things that you wouldn't see on a spec sheet but could upon close inspection. But looking at just the numbers and capacities etc on the spec sheets...nada.

We have a 2012 Vista 35F (not the Vista LX) and love it. Our Vista 35F is todays Vista LX that you're looking at. The 1/2 bath feature has turned out to be a HUGE thing that we love about this coach. We each have our own bathroom. You will have to do some chassis mod's to get to handle real good, but that's pretty much a given with most gas coaches. See our chassis mod's in our signature. IMO, you would not be disappointed in this coach and would make a great 1st coach. You'll also have the 6 speed tranny. However I do wish we had full body paint. BTW...concerning color, I would NOT get a black coach. There's a lot of them out there that are black with colorful accents and they look pretty, but buyer beware, these dark colors have their issues. To much to go into here. Get a light colored coach.

We FT in ours now and it has plenty of room for my wife & I, has tons of CCC, we get 7.5mpg while towing in various terrains and it runs and handles great. I feel 35' is just perfect. It's not to small and it's not huge either. It's easy to get into places, doesn't require a special or upgraded drivers license and we've done a tone of upgrades and mod's to make it our own. You'll also love the large shower.

The only thing I'll caution you on is, I'm not sure what type of slide systems are on these new 35f's. The bedroom slide is really not an issue because it's a small slide and hardly has any weight.

We have rack & pinion slide systems and have zero problems with them. I know Winnie started putting Swintech systems on some of their coaches awhile back but I've heard they have change that. Not really sure what they're using now. You're large slide is 16' it may have the new top double track Swintech system but not sure. If so it MAY be ok. Swintech systems when they first came out and for the first few years we're plagued with serious problems and especially on big slides and especially full wall slides. So be sure you look into this aspect and do some research on that. It may be OK now but research it.

Update: I just pulled up a 2019 Adventurer 35F online and yes, both slides do have Swintech systems so I'm pretty sure the Vista will have them too. And I didn't see a double track on the top of either slide. Maybe they figure a 16' slide doesn't need a double track I don't know. But again—today—with all the improvements they've made over the years the Swintecs it MAY be ok now for a 16' slide. I would just really be careful about this one aspect. It's a pet peeve with me.

Good luck my friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gracie-and-toad.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	243943  
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:25 AM   #14

Here are links to a couple from Lichtsinn RV videos about the Adventurer and the Vista LX.

The one for the Adventurer is 46 minutes long, while the one for the Vista is 39 minutes long.

Adventurer:

Vista LX:

Tags
adventurer, vent