Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2015, 01:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vista/Sunstar 30T. 2015 reviews

We are in the final stages of purchasing this MH. Read all the issues about the slides and jacks. Is anyone happy with their 30T coach?
Bacoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

So far, we really like our 2015 30T. The largest problem I've had so far is that I had to get the furnace repaired. A few other minor issues that I took care of my self. So far, the slides have worked well, the driver's slide does squeak a fair amount going down the road, though. Had one issue with the jacks and it appears that the fluid level may have been too low in the tank. This coach has an amazing amount of storage inside and out for only being a 30 footer. We live in the southwest, so we custom ordered the coach with the "all weather upgrade package", which includes two AC's, heat pumps, auto switch and 5.5K generator. The floor plan is great, especially with the buffet option.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I don't have a 2015, but we really like our 2012. It is perfect for 2 people and we especially like the buffet floorplan. I do have the previous mfr for slides and jacks( Power Gear) and they have been very reliable.
Remember this, make sure your dealer understands that you will not accept delivery with as much as 1 defect or adjustment needed. Use the MH for 2-3 days close to the dealer incase something pops up that needs attention. Wbgo warranty is 12/12 and they adhere to that strictly. Just be a wise consumer.
If I were to purchase again, it would probably be a Winnebago.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

We also have a 2015 Vista 30T. We also love the floor plan. So far all three slides are working and have not heard any sounds from them. As we live in Phoenix we have the upgraded all weather package. Before this we had a 30B vista 2009.This unit has a bigger gas tank 10 gal and about 15 gal less gray water Cap.
livethelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Great question! We are currently awaiting our 2015, 30T ,longest 8-10 weeks ever! We got just about every option but the overhead bunk. Would never use it. Our 31KE with one ac did not cut it in southern AZ! Don & Bobbi in Tucson
dbaer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

For our Winnebago Vista, we took most of the options and even had a couple of special deviations, too. We changed the flooring to a different shade and ordered the leather from the Itasca Sunstar Brownstone decor. We didn't get the forward overhead bunk, either. I'm tall, and I always seemed to bang my head on the bunk when we went Vista shopping.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Bacoats,
Just wanted to know if you had any troubles with your 2015 Itasca Sunstar 30T? We are looking at one. End of the year model, good deal. We have a Navion and really need more room. We test drive next week, on the highway, only place to drive. I'll listen for the drivers side slide rattle. Will take all the advice I can get.
Thanks
Clarabels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

The 2015 model will have more basement storage than the 2012 we have. Don't know if Winnebago took care of the water tank overflow siphoning problems but with checking. We took our 2nd trip in our "new" 2012 and decided to fill the water tank this time. It seems anytime the drivers side was low water vented out. We used park water but by the time we got home we were near a half tank! We dry camp a lot and this won't work.
There are multiple posts on this problem and I believe Grhutch had his taken care of at the factory where they put a 6' length of hose on the overflow line and others have added a shut off valve. I am waiting for a response from Winnebago for a DYI fix-will see what I get.
We are pleased with the coach otherwise and are working through modifying to suit are needs. Love the floor plan!!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:00 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I called Winnebago about the water tank overflow problem. They suggested removing the down-tube and running tubing from the overflow to the gravity feed air vent port. That's how my previous MH was configured. Right now I have a plug at the bottom of the down-tube, but some water still leaks out thru the air-break. Please let us know what Winnebago recommends for you, as I don't believe the 2012 had a gravity feed. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:28 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

dezrtracr, you are correct on no gravity feed for the 2012 30T. Not sure of the reasoning except to save a few bucks. Have not heard back yet but they have been responsive to my questions via email so should hear before long. Will let you know.

I felt a plug or shut-off valve would be the easiest-just need to put a reminder by the pump switch to open it before using much water to not get a vacuum in the tank and hurt the pump!
Old 08-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Water Tank Vent Sphon Reduction Procedure 021611.pdfGot a response from Winnebago. They claim they have had some success with an overlay pipe over the overflow as a vent. Here is what they sent. Would have been nice to know if the pipe should go to the end of the overflow or past it. They also said that they have heard of customers using a shutoff valve.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:16 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for posting what Winnebago sent to you. That setup (021611) is how the overflow is configured on my unit. When water starts to flow out the overflow, it siphons about a half inch and stops. The problem I have with this setup is that whenever the coach is low on the drivers side, water flows out draining the tank. Also, water sloshing from side to side also causes water to come out the overflow. I put a plug in the down tube for now.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Thanks dezrtrcr.
Curious how far down does the outer pipe go down-bottom of the tank or further?

Since winnebago didnt discourage a shutoff valve and indicated this was a siphoning reduction-not a cure I leaning toward the plug or shutoff valve.

I believe ive seen posts on a valve. Anyone have any problems with that fix?
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:40 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

On my unit, the down tube sticks out about an inch below the floor of the compartment. If you install a valve or plug like I did, one needs to pay attention when filling the tank to make sure it does not overfill. I believe the air gap needs to be maintained to break any siphon action and allow air into the tank as it is emptied.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Happy RVers with our 30T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacoats View Post
We are in the final stages of purchasing this MH. Read all the issues about the slides and jacks. Is anyone happy with their 30T coach?
We took a year of researching, visiting RV shows, and looking at all class A RVs that was 32 feet or less. We bought the 2014 Vista 30T new and love, love, our RV. We travel up and down the west coast for 3-4 days every other week. We have two cat and two birds who travel with us. We had some issues that were minor within the first year which were all covered. We had the electronic board on the generator replaced due to the generator would not run beyond releasing the ignite button. We also had the toilet replaced which was covered by insurance due to a bolt broke off under the base which allowed the toilet to rock slightly. We replaced all the art work with west coast theme paintings from our favorite artist. We feel like we are living when we go on our trips. We are very happy with our 30T.
Tony and family.

2014 Winnebago Vista 30T
TonyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #16

Hello, We have a 15 Sunstar 30T and love it, even though we have had a few problems with it. Water siphoning isn't one of them. Great floorplan, do wish the shower was slightly larger. The slides sometimes do squeak alot on rougher roads as does the stove. Ours has the loft bed but isn't an option we would get again (we bought ours right off the lot). Our 11 yr old grandson claimed it as his until he fell out of it while staying with us. Fortunately he wasn't seriously hurt. Safe Travels.
Grami7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

Reading all your reviews, we did it. we bought a Sunstar 30T, and we love it. Now we need to get out there and enjoy!
Clarabels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #18

congratulations! Safe & Happy Travels.
Grami7 is offline   Reply With Quote