RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2019, 06:17 AM   #1

Voyager Side Camera

I am looking for a Voyager VBCYL15 b&w camera for my passenger side. I don't really want to upgrade to a color system but a search on the internet doesn't bring up any results. It seems this camera is no longer being made.

I checked the camera by removing it and plugging it in to the left side. It didn't work there either. Then I took the camera apart and checked the wires and connections. All seems ok and I didn't see any burnt electronics.

Does anyone know where I might find one of these cameras? Maybe someone has upgraded to color and has a spare to sell?

JPeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2019, 06:55 AM   #2

You may want to check AZ RV Salvage not sure of website address also Kentucky RV Salvage .

Old 01-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you thought about taking it to an video camera repair place. They might be able to assist or sending to the manufacturer. Good luck
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:13 AM   #4

Voyager Side Camera

We just replaced one on my friends Tour. He found the exact replacement on EBay.
gcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:01 AM   #5

Thank you for the suggestions. With all the older rv's out there, I really thought finding this camera - new or used - would be easier!

The salvage yards either said they didn't have one or would get back to me (and didn't). I called a couple back but struck out. I'm thinking I would have better luck going to one in person with the old camera in hand.

The nearest camera repair is about 50 miles away in downtown Chicago. The guy I talked to said camera repair nowadays is mostly for high end professional cameras. Unless they're one of the most popular consumer cameras, replacement parts aren't available and the cost is prohibitive.

No results on ebay or amazon.

Tim at RV Cams was very helpful. As suspected, my black and white camera is no longer made but Voyager VVCYL37 is a direct replacement. Although a color camera, I will not notice a difference in my black and white monitor. The downside is that it's $227 before tax and shipping.

So unless I find something before spring, I'll probably buy a new color camera. It's still cheaper than replacing the whole system.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.
JPeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #6

Try Colaw's RV Salvage it's the largest in the country they are located in Carthage Missouri.

BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, voyage