Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Water connection won't tighten

Hope this isn't a duplicate. Searched but couldn't find a post. water squirts out of fresh water connection, as if it is not filling. It takes forever and I finally gave up as peeps were behind me getting impatient. I did get some water, but, dang, I hate to have all that water wasted. Not to mention, I'm afraid the pressure might be too much. Is there something possibly blocking intake? Should I just forge forward and hope tank doesn't explode.
TIA
Joyce
joycev1105a is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #2

Did you check the o ring inside the hose fitting? If missing or damaged you will get a leak.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
There is a back flow preventer valve in line with your water fill input. They do go bad so check to see if it is blocking water flow.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:16 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
Did you check the o ring inside the hose fitting? If missing or damaged you will get a leak.
Thanks. Yep, I took out the washer/screen. Didnt change. Still looked new. Rig bought new in July. Joyce
Old 12-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
There is a back flow preventer valve in line with your water fill input. They do go bad so check to see if it is blocking water flow.
Thanks. When I thought maybe screen washer was obstructing flow I removed it. I saw the back flow preventer button. It pushed in relatively easy. Still squirted. I returned to water station with another person to try again. Dang, station was closed. Will try later today.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycev1105a View Post
Thanks. When I thought maybe screen washer was obstructing flow I removed it. I saw the back flow preventer button. It pushed in relatively easy. Still squirted. I returned to water station with another person to try again. Dang, station was closed. Will try later today.
You can't leave it out. You need to have a washer or a washer/screen combo.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:43 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Make sure the valve is in the "tank fill" position and not the "normal" position. Hope that helps.
Park Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #8

Can you clarify the problem, just a little? Is the water squirting out from the screw connection for the hose, around the threads, or is it coming from behind the female receiver for the hose end?

I ask because even if there is a blockage, there should be no leaking at the hose connection. When on city water, that connection is under constant pressure and would leak on every motorhome. If there is a blockage of some type, that can be addressed after you determine from where the water is leaking. If it's coming from the screw connection of the hose, you may have a distorted, dented, pitted hose end or female receiver and the washer/screen cannot make a tight seal. If the water is coming from behind the connection, there is a problem with the filler pipe/connector interface and the filler line needs to be exposed to investigate. That may mean removing the facia covering the water connection or, if available, part of the facia to look behind and see where the connector and line join.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #9

Can't help with the slowness but I will throw this out for the leak.

I use one of those brass 90° connectors on our rig. A few years back, I developed a water leak around the connection. Tried new orings and tightening more than I thought was necessary but still had the little dribble show up. I finally found that there was a crack in the threads on the 90° brass connector. Who would have thought?

OP, be sure there isn't a crack in the threads on either the rig's female connector or the hose's male connector.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycev1105a View Post
To test that backflow preventer, Remove the water fill hose, turn on your water pump, then push the backflow preventer; be ready to get wet if it works as designed.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:01 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Bush fix time. Take out the two screws holding the fill fixture in place. Remove it outward. Disconnect the internal hose clamp. Knock the back flow preventer out of the fixture. Use it for now.., Order a new external water fill fixture.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:37 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Self corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewFishy View Post
Bush fix time. Take out the two screws holding the fill fixture in place. Remove it outward. Disconnect the internal hose clamp. Knock the back flow preventer out of the fixture. Use it for now.., Order a new external water fill fixture.
After fighting the drenching 3 or 4 times it seemed to stop the squirting. I would hate to think operator error, but it must have been. Both of us! Thanks for all suggestions
Joyce

Tags
water