Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We just had a day of hard rain and I was out in the Horizon and noticed that the track in the driverside window was wet. There does not appear to be any water in the coach,but the track felt is wet. Is this normal ? The window has never leaked and the carpets are all dry. The Horizon is a 03 model.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We just had a day of hard rain and I was out in the Horizon and noticed that the track in the driverside window was wet. There does not appear to be any water in the coach,but the track felt is wet. Is this normal ? The window has never leaked and the carpets are all dry. The Horizon is a 03 model.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We just went thru this. Recaulked the front cap and the drivers side roof line til we were statinary long enough to check it out. The cupboard over the drivers side window was totally wet inside and down in the underside. Took that all apart and got it dried out and put back together plus used Eternabond on the side and front seams of the roof.

Have had two really good rains and all is dry. YIPPEE!!
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Sorry forgot to mention the coach is an 04 Journey. We also had the roof seams all checked a year ago March and again in November.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have a 02 Horizon. Had the same problem 3 years ago, the caulking on the gutter had some dried out caulking, allowing water to seep under the gutter.Removed the old caulking,(one year old doesnt seem old) recaulked and all is still fine. First I thought the window frame was the problem. Check the gutter caulking, where the roof, meets the side panel. Might be your problem too. Good luck. Rich R.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:22 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I had the same problem on my 05 Horizon. I found a crack in the caulking where the front cap meets the curved panel on the roof. I used silicone caulking to seal and I am not sure it is effective. I have wondered about using eternabond. However, white tape on a blue roof panel would not look good. Plus, I think this area gets a lot of flexing.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I had a serious leak in the same area and found poor sealing at the cap seam directly below the air horns. After adding Eternabond at the front cap and sides, no more leaks.