Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2018, 07:27 AM   #1

Water Leak

This morning, I found that I had a water leak. It's coming from the front right basement compartment. Not sure how to explain which one it is. It has a "winterization" switch in it.

The only way I could get the water to stop from coming out was to turn off the water supply at the spigot.

Unfortunately, I have to go to work.
Any idea as to what has happened?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #2

If it helps any to diagnose the problem, once I turned off the water spigot, & turned on the water. pump, the water started leaking again. Once I shut the water pump off, the leak slowed down.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #3

I meant to say that, once I shut the water pump off, the leak stopped, not “slowed down”.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #4

The leak is behind a panel that has a switch that says “Winterization Valve 1” & “Winterization Valve 2”.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #5

I found the leak.
A hose had come off of an elbow. There is little room for the hose to go back on & stay on that elbow.

What kind of water hose is this? I need to find a hose that is more pliable, so that I can slide it further up that elbow.

Any ideas?
Old 06-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #6
Cat

Most water lines are a PEX plastic hose, they are connected with a threaded connector. The threaded connector has a barbed side that goes into the PEX plastic hose then a copped band is squeezed around it to hold the barbed in to the line. Look up PEX hose and PEX connectors. Hope this helps.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:24 PM   #7

What sort of hose is a PEX hose?

High pressure? High temperature? etc.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
PEX is plasric piping generally used in all new home plumbing for both hot and cold lines. It has been used in the RV industry likely for 10 plus years. You should try to reinsert the tubing into the fitting. It might have worked its way out.
If that doesn't work or if if leaks, you will likely need to get a replacement fitting for the one the pipe fell out from. Did it have a plastic screw type fastener on it or was it one what the pipe is gripped by metallic teeth? In any event if it was a common PEX fitting, you should be able to get a replacement at HomeDepot. If it was a screw type, You will likely need to go to an RVparts store or a plumbing supply.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #9

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1219.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	208272

Not the best picture, but that is the end that the hose came off.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:47 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Moxxi
The 90 degree connector needs to have the white screw-on piece on both sides. It is missing where it fell out. Get a new replacement 90 degree elbow and replace it. The tubing going into that side does not look like PEX - that connector is for PEX and nothing else. Someone has changed the tubing and you will have to find the other end and replace it with PEX if you want it fixed properly.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:29 PM   #11
Cat

The builder used the wrong adapter to put a hose on. If you look in the picture you see the threads of the adapter that should hold the hose on. I would take that piece off and take it to a hardware store and see if they have one with a barbed end to install the hose on to. I'm not sure what those fittings are called in the picture.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #12

What do you call that area under the coach? If I want to go to a RV parts department, I want to be able to explain where this goes.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #13
Cat

Is it in a outside compartment? If not find where the hose comes from then give them that information and the picture. If in a compartment then it's sometimes called the wet compartment
Old 06-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #14
Cat

Go to Winnebago website parts look for Itasca find you model they show you the parts breakdown under water and sewage including the water&sewer diagrams.This diagram is for your model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water 2008.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	208343  

Tags
leak, water, water leak