Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #1

Water on floor

My coach is a 2017 35P. It seems that each time I drive any distance I find water on the floor near the galley cabinet when I extend the full wall slide. While parked there is never any sign of water leaking. I have checked under the sink and checked all fittings and found no sign of a leak. I have also made sure that the overflow drain for the fridge is empty before driving. It seems the water source is below the actual slide and the only source for that seems to be the drain which passes through the main floor. I have addressed this with the dealer more than once and they have not determined where the leak in coming from. Any one else experience anything like this.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #2

Can you add some food coloring to the drain, this may confirm where it is coming from.
Hope this helps.
RVing can be fun but also can send you to the funny farm !!
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you ever extended the slide before travel to see if water might be from a leak around the slide? Do you travel with the water pump turned on? I'd try the food coloring as suggested above. I also use toilet paper wrapped around areas I suspect of a leak. It might help narrow down the source.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Chabago,
Is your refrigerator in that slideout? Water can come from the fridge during travel, possibly splattering out of drain tube or something like that. OR.....it can be from the freezer drawer wicking water off the rubber door gasket if going through a defrost cycle during travel. Ours does the same thing from time to time. It's never much, just a few drops on the floor where the fridge rides when the slide is in.
I haven't investigated it in detail, it may be abnormal, but rarely occurs......so I've just been wiping it up and let it go at that.

My guess is it's coming from the fridge/freezer.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:47 PM   #5

Yes, I have the same model coach and have the same experience. I removed the floor of the galley sink cabinet and discovered a slow leak in a connection in the hot water (red) line that is below the cabinet floor. When the slide is retracted, there is a fairly sharp bend in the water line at the connection which creates the leak. When the slide is extended the line straightens which relaxes the bend and the connection doesn't leak. The connection will be replaced/repaired the next time my coach is in for service. Hope this is helpful.
richsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #6

Thanks for your replies. "richsad" - where is the connector relative to the faucet? I have already replaced the hot side connector to the faucet with a SharkBite connector because of a leak and would do the same for any other leaker.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:44 PM   #7

The connector is under the cabinet floor. You need to remove the cabinet floor by removing the screws at the outside edge of the floor and lift it off. The water lines are then exposed and you can see where the connectors are. With the slide retracted, you will see the lines are bent at a rather severe angle where they come out of the coach floor. When the slide is extended, the bend is relaxed. I didn’t have any leak when extended - only when retracted. Good luck.
richsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #8

Thanks "richsad", I will open er up tomorrow. I have previously replaced the connector on the hot water side at the faucet because there was just a little pressure from the pex and the way it was connected that caused a slight leak. I installed a braided line with a pex connection and cut out a bit of the pex allowing the new line to act like a strain relief. That same technique may be a solution for this fix as well. I'll post results.

Tags
floor, water