Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have found that after a heavy rain or after washing my 2000 adventurer 35u that when I open a storage door, there is water draining from the lower door frame. I thought that drilling more drain holes in the frame bottom might work but thought to see if others on this forum have addressed this problem.
Brian
Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have found that after a heavy rain or after washing my 2000 adventurer 35u that when I open a storage door, there is water draining from the lower door frame. I thought that drilling more drain holes in the frame bottom might work but thought to see if others on this forum have addressed this problem.
Brian
Old 10-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Mr. Nutimike63: Check your door gasket for wear. You may also be able to remove a shim from the door latch and snug it up tighter. I had to perform that adjustment on mine.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

HI everyone

I have a leak in front passenger side outside cabinet door were the hot water heater is housed. I believe that the water travels along the molding above the door and seeps in.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

JERSY BOB: I had a similar problem last winter down in Florida. After much checking, I found I had a check valve leaking in the rear of the water heater. It was very small leak, water ran under the heater and soaked the floor covering in that small bay. Fixed the check valve with a new one and no more water leak. Just a hint. Hope it is simpler in your case.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Like you after a hard rain I to used to get water in the cabinets, Our friends have a Newmar DP and what I noticed was Newmar seals the lip with silicon where the wall meets the top lip above the door hinge. I tried it on ours and wa-la no more leaks... It looks like some of the water was finding its way down through the hinge... Also check the gap between the inside door and the gasket... I did it at night with the basement lights on. ... I guess that's way Winnie uses mildew resistant carpet!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Are we talking about water in the cabinets or water IN the doors of said cabinets?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Well, YES!
If the water is getting behind the lip and the wall it could leak into the door skin...
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Ed/Full-time

I'll have to try that
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

The water seems to be getting inside the door from the cut out of the water heater exhaust. You have to caulk the seams in that square cut out. Like others said there are some other issues that need attention also.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

MY LEAK SEEMS TO COME FROM UNDER THE FRIDGE AND GETS INTO THE UNDER STORAGE ONLY WHEN I DRIVE ALOT SIDE TO SIDE

WHERE AND HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE HOT WATER CHECK VALVE
THANKS
aragu36 is offline   Reply With Quote