Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #1

WBGO recall # 15V008000

I read about this recall in the March 2015 issue of FMCA mag. The manufacturing dates and number of units involved caught my eye, and I thought "that can't be right, must be a typo". Decided to search elsewhere for the recall and found it here: 2014 WINNEBAGO ITASCA VIVA Recall ID 139996

I'm still wondering how is it possible for WBGO to have built over 1,100 of these "coaches" in approximately 40 CALENDAR days. Are they running "24/7" in Forest City these days, and not making any other models???

Granted, this is really an issue caused by the chassis maker, RAM, but both sources call it a WBGO recall. I'm guessing other coach builders who may have also used the "Promaster" chassis will have a similar recall.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Visited the Factory last Summer. They build aprox 50 units a day, five days a week. They run one shift that starts around seven and ends around five. The production lines are never producing one type, but they are staggered throughout five lines a half mile long.

Okay, that's 40 days or about seven weeks. At 250 units a week that makes about 2350 units.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't forget that Winnebago also have factories in Charles City and the old Cummins factory in Lake Mills which they recently secured. I believe the some of the Cs were made in Charles City. I believe I read the plan was for the Lake Mills location to built the class Bs but I don't know if they have reached that point yet.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Visited the Factory last Summer. They build aprox 50 units a day, five days a week. They run one shift that starts around seven and ends around five. The production lines are never producing one type, but they are staggered throughout five lines a half mile long.

Okay, that's 40 days or about seven weeks. At 250 units a week that makes about 2350 units.

Thanks. I toured the plant in FC in 2010 while getting warranty repairs. I sure don't remember seeing 5 assembly lines, but I'll take you word about that. I'm always amazed by the quantities of things produced on assembly lines and often wonder how can they possibly sell so many of durable goods like this. Amazing.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
. . . I'm always amazed by the quantities of things produced on assembly lines and often wonder how can they possibly sell so many of durable goods like this. Amazing.
PHEW!, I thought I was the ONLY one that felt that way

It's like: "they make 3,000 Thingys a day, or 20,000 Dohickies a month" WHERE DO THEY ALL GO, AND WHO IS BUYING THEM, not to mention what happened to all the old Thingys and Dohickies??????
stik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall