Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #1

What do you think is behind this area?

I've noticed a blind spot covered by a metal plate that is sealed with something from the factory. I thought it might be the converter but i believe it's at floor level under the fridge.

Of course I can just unseal it but would like to avoid the scraping and resealing after if it's nothing exciting. Lol I did pour over the schematics and came up with nothing. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171128_170641.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	185380
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Before I would take it loose, I would slide under the coach, and look up, above the compartment, from underneath! It is a access panel for something, and looking from underneath might give you a clue?! Rail!
Old 12-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Before I would take it loose, I would slide under the coach, and look up, above the compartment, from underneath! It is a access panel for something, and looking from underneath might give you a clue?! Rail!
Tried that came up with nothing useful.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #4

I have a tank behind a similar panel on my coach, don't remember but I think it is the fresh water tank.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #5

Fresh is on the other side of the steps. Although maybe waste? Hmmm
Old 12-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #6

Here is the area I forgot I had a pic... Click image for larger version

Name:	20171129_123001.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	185385
Old 12-11-2017, 06:50 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We have the same panel above our water heater. On our 2016 38Q the water pump is located behind it.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #8

2004 38R plumbing

Looks like you'd find the end of the grey tank if you took off that panel.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
I've noticed a blind spot covered by a metal plate that is sealed with something from the factory. I thought it might be the converter but i believe it's at floor level under the fridge.

Of course I can just unseal it but would like to avoid the scraping and resealing after if it's nothing exciting. Lol I did pour over the schematics and came up with nothing. Attachment 185380

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
I had a similar screwed-on-panel just above the propane tank in my Adventurer.
So, as a group of us were sitting around one day, It was suggested to "remove the panel and see whats behind it". Once the panel was removed, I found a huge storage area. I 'squared off and secured' the back and right side of the new compartment with a board so as not to allow anything to get too far out of reach.

I now have been using this compartment for several years to store a couple of lawn chairs and a lot of miscl tools. As you all might assume, this extra space has been a great benefit to me for added storage space.

Please advise if anyone else out there has found this extra storage in their unit.
Thanks,
Paul
winnie32v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #10

I’m pretty sure Tderonne nailed it. I was thinking it was mechanical or electrical but lining up the sink with the area puts the grey tank there. It has bothered me a little that it seems to get to the tanks the floor has to come up. Just pray there is never any trouble with them.

@ Winnie32v I have a pass through over my propane. The funny thing is we had it a while before I noticed it. Lol I will be pulling the cover off this when it’s warmed up a bit. If its not useful I want to be able to seal it back up.