Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Where is 2010 Journey Converter/charger

Hello, I bought a 2010 Journey 34Y and I'm about to upgrade my batteries and inverter. My unit has a Xantrex 1000 watt inverter. I have looked and looked in the motorhome and in the material/books that came with the motorhome, but I cannot find where the inverter/charger is located. Anyone help, please?! Thanks much.
rj946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #2

Looks like it's back near the transfer switch, in the electrical service compartment.

2010 Journey 34Y 110 volt wiring installation

It's shown in View AA on the first page, with further detail in View DD on the last page.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #3

I have the same coach. The inverter is in the power cord compartment, high on the front wall. It is gold colored and has a ground fault interrupter in it. It only serves the entertainment stuff and one outlet next to the passenger seat.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:56 AM   #4

By the way, the inverter is not an inverter/charger. It is strictly a MSW inverter. The converter is a Xantrex ADC 80 and it's below the inverter in the power compartment
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Replace the inverter AND the converter/charger with one, new unit. A Magnum 2000 will fit nicely in the electrical compartment. Then wire your new inverter to ALL the AC outlets by sending the inverter outlet to a sub-panel the on to the various breakers in the existing panel. This is an awesome modification / upgrade that will make you very happy! You should also add two more coach batteries while you are at it. There is plenty of room in the battery bay.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, journey