Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

We love our 33' Sunrise. When we bought it new, we thought it had all the best features of the Suncruiser (construction, capacities, floor plan) without the price.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

If you don't drive a lot of miles per year gas is the best (IMO) less cost to up keep. As far as the best I would check floorplan that you like then check the condition and go from there.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

After a solid five months of looking and research to one point or another, we finally found and bought what I hope to be the 'right one' for use. Having already had an RV I wasn't going into this blindly but I like to look at my options before dropping 'big bucks' like one has to with an RV purchase.

We just closed on a Winnebago Adventurer 32v (33 ft) on a Ford frame. To be honest I was looking for the Workhorse but when I summarized all the pluses on this RV it simply wasn't one I could let go simply b/c it was on the Ford. Fact is, our last RV was on the Ford and it never gave us any issues. We live in TN and I'm working temp in San Francisco....and I found this one in Houston. Go figure that one out! We liked what we saw (and heard about) the dealer...later on that... we liked the condition of the RV ....like the layout of the Adventurer ....like the length ......liked the price ....liked the 12/12 warranty for free .....love the documentation on the Winnebagos .....etc, etc. I guess the bottom line is that we're cautiously grinning. Hey, even buying a new one wouldn't have ensured us that it didn't have issues. So, we took the plunge again.

The feedback I got did point out some good factors to consider. But I think its like some said....there isn't a 'best one', it's the one that works for you - that's the right one.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Interesting opinions. We've rented a few coaches, and have owned a few. Our current Journey (diesel) is exactly what we wanted after years of experience. We probably will never full time it, too nice where we live... We do tow a 5,000 lb car trailer, or a ski boat. In my opinion, there is no way a gasser would be sufficient to tow in our western mountains. It's not just the speed, it's how hard you are working the engine/transmission. we really liked a 2002 32' Adventurer. Decent floor plan for a smaller coach, and cheap. But when we found we could buy a 36' Journey for $10k more, it was a no-brainer for us. Frankly, I'm not too concerned about fuel prices. I also don't really care if it costs a few more bucks to maintain, although in my experience that's not the reality. I wanted the strongest drivetrain without going to a really expensive coach. No question, we feel a good diesel pusher is superior to a good gasser. Thus, we bought what we feel is the best value for any motorhome: Winnebago Journey...
Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #45
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
You can't beat the Alison Transmision and now they have a 6 speed while I have a 5 speed.
Some of the 5 speeds are actually 6 speeds with top gear locked out. The reason was to lessen the strain of a heavy rig and keep the rpm up. They just wouldn't pull the top gear unless you changed the rear axle ratio.
They could be reprogrammed to be a 6 sp. but it wasn't recommended.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote