Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Has anyone had one or two of these break. Its a small black plastic piece with circular extrusions on it that bolts onto the wiper arm and the end cap that is connected to the washer hose snaps onto this. The plastic circular extrusion is what has broken so now the washer hose flip flops. I think it just part of the nozzle assembly. I would be interested in how often these break.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Has anyone had one or two of these break. Its a small black plastic piece with circular extrusions on it that bolts onto the wiper arm and the end cap that is connected to the washer hose snaps onto this. The plastic circular extrusion is what has broken so now the washer hose flip flops. I think it just part of the nozzle assembly. I would be interested in how often these break.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I know exactly how you feel. I snap mine on, its good for 1 wash, and one the next try, it pops off and sprays all over except on the windshield. Havn't figured out a fix yet.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #4
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I ordered from Winnebago Parts the whole nozzle assembly they do not just sell the single piece. I think a spot of epoxy glue on the plastic will solve the problem. Seems as though little by little the hose works its way back on the wiper arm and eventually pulls off the end sooner or later the plastic breaks. It probably would be easy to lengthen the hose or pull a little slack in it.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Mine recently broke too. You can get the small plastic part for about $5 at a Winnebago dealer.
I replaced mine and I'm ready to wash.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

rick_od ...

I think you are talking about the hose itself popping off the end nozzle ...

I got tired of putting my hose back on ... I took a piece of very fine wire (I think it is floral wire) and wrapped it around the hose a couple of times to make a small clamp ... the hose has not come off since ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Try this link as they stock all the windshield washer components. I called them and had the parts by UPS in three days. The glue works also, but now I have spares. I suggest you look at the hose too, as mine had started to split.

http://www.clevelandignition.com/nozzles.htm

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:40 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

On two coaches I have owned I found that the wiper hose was too tight. All I had to do was pull alittle slack and the hoses stay on. I don't know if the hose shrinks from the sun or what but so far this has worked.