Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #1

Windshield wiper motor and parts

FYI;

The wipers on my MH slipped, this wore off the splines on the motor gearbox shaft and enlarged the hole in the crank arm.

I emailed WinnebagoParts.com for the price of a new wiper motor. Turns out this is a generic wiper motor: G138 - 12V, 55Nm, Dynamic Park Wiper Motor. the source is: https://www.wiperparts.com/products/...c20c7cfe&_ss=r

This is dynamic-park motor instead of the coast to stop type.

The light-duty 32nm motor is much less money, I doubt it would last long moving the longer MH blades and arms though.

I had to reply to the email and again request the price or availability of the 1.5" crank arm, since she forgot that part.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #2

Resolution; I finally got the correct parts ordered from wiperparts.com. They offer a 20% military discount and free shipping during checkout stage. Their email assistance is great!
The picture of their part#200188 is incorrect, this crank arm does have the slotted hole instead of square-as pictured.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 01-28-2020, 01:38 AM   #3

Thanks Ray,IN. Do you have any information on the other components of the wiper system?

My inside wiper mechanism seems to okay... just needed to tighten the bolts that wiggled loose, but the wipers (themselves) called a "Pantograph" (I think) have "splines" that mate with cross-cut-marks on the stud that sticks through the coach body.

I was able to use a razor blade and clean the metal out of the "Pantograph" splines, but one day that will not work and I will need to replace the "Pantogragh" wiper arm which on my coach is a Winnebago Part # 145277-01-000. So do you know a source for this type of part?

Same goes for my 24-26" wiper blades, which I use to be able to buy cheap at Walmart, but they changed vendors and now it's really hard to find a wiper blade that fits my style of wiper arm. (Sorry I don't have any pictures.) No body carries them and RV stores charge $25 each and they never have stock. Probably because no one wants to pay $50 for a pair of wiper blades! I don't when I use to be able to buy $7 blades each at Walmart and they would last 2 seasons.

So on the subject of wiper mechanical function and replacement parts and upgrades, has anyone found a way to upgrade their wiper arms? ...Presumably for a 2002-2009 era? If so, how to those "frame-less" wiper blades work?

On another subject: Here's a source for those Wiper Arm Covers (see picture) that go missing once in a while. One was missing on my RV and Winnebago gave me this information on how to replace it. (Which was nice of Winnebago. Good customer service!)

Winnebago says their supplier is made by an Australian company called "Trico". This cover is 4 inches long, 1 1/4 wide, and it snaps over the mounting bolt on each wiper arm. The part number is AW-RPHC. Contact...

Rome Truck Parts
800 284 4345

Talk with Kristen or Bill in Parts

Note: I know Trico is a leader in Truck and automotive wipers, but I did not know they are an Australian company. Not that it matters. I just found that interesting, and Rome Truck Parts gave me excellent customer service... even if I was only ordering a $10 part!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Windshild Wiper Mechanism.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	273474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cap From Rome Turck Parts.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	410.5 KB
ID:	273475  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:21 PM   #4

busparts.com carries wet arm pantograph(incl washer stuff) arms and components. As to the link between motor and wiper base, I need to replace mine too,(when motor messed up it damaged the links/arms). I plan to contact Lichstinn motors and request pricing for both links/arms. It they do not have them, I'll try to match mine on busparts.com
If our MH had those covers, they were missing when we bought the MH. I'll check tomorrow.

Ya, know, owning a MH is an adventure in more ways than one.

Tags
parts, wind, windshield